🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
alpanasharma789
Community Member

Hi,

I am unable to buy connects via credit card, I have tried mulitple times always get same error - Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.  

Please resolve and help me to purchase connects.

Thanks

Alpana

Hi Alpana,

I would recommend to check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or to try and add another billing method to purchase Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
muhammadimran79
Community Member

Hi, i'm trying to buy connects. i have added billing method successfully, but i'm facing error

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Any one please help to solve this issue .

Dear friend,

muhammadimran79
Community Member

the same issue please solve .

Hi Muhammad,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
danish_want
Community Member

Hello,

I am facing issues while buying connects as a freelancer. The system shows me a message stating that " Your Payment could not be processes. Please choose an alternate method or retry again"(Kindly refer the screenshot for reference). I have enough funds in the account so  this should have been an issue. I have been using the same payment method earlier and there was no issue at that point of time. i.e. from the local bank.

I am also facing issues when I want to hire someone from my agency account. I have the same payment account kept for my agency as well so I assume that this should not be an issue while  trying to hire someone for my agency. The moment I click on the "hire" button for hiring a resource I get the message stating " You dont have a valid payment method on file with upwork. Please correct this while making an offer".

I was also not able to attach any file with the relevant format as a proof and it showed me an error message i.e. "The file type (.jpg) is not supported. Valid file types are .jpg,.pdf etc. However  I had had the same relevant formats which are used to attach a file but I was getting this error message.

I would appreciate some support from the community and let me know what can be done and what is the reason for this issue. 

Thanks,

Danish

Hi Danish, 

I'm sorry to hear you're facing these issues. I can see that one of our agents already reached out to you via a support ticket to further assist you. You can refer to that ticket for more information and feel free to follow up on it if you have additional questions.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1b145225
Community Member

Hi upwork support team members.
I tried to  add my credit card in billing method to buy connects.

but I can't input card information because all textareas are input:disabled.

How can I solve this issue?

Hi Stefan,

I'd like to clarify that some card-issuing banks will restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as 'recurring'. Please, make sure that you are filling all the required fields correctly and that your card-issuing bank allows recurring transactions. Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1b145225
Community Member

Hi  Luiggi

Thanks for your reply.

maybe, it seems we have some confusion.
You mention "make sure that you are filling all the required fields ", I can't input anything on the fields. so I 've requested your help.

I hope you get my issue clearly.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stefan, 

Thank you for patiently waiting as we looked into this further. The team has reached out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
fawadabbas
Community Member

Hello! 

I am facing this issue while buying connects. Kindly let me know how can I resolve it. But I have bought the connects before with the same card.

Now I removed my card and add the same card its showing that

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank"

Kindly solve this, please. 

Hi Fawad,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

I have contacted the bank, They said your card is ok. I have checked it twice. So what should I do now!

Fawad

Hi Fawad,

I'll have one of our customer support agents to reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Dear friend,

atif_muhammad-
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm using my VISA card for the last 2 Years - as Paying Upwork for connects.

But for someone Unknown reasons - Upwork says that " we're unable to authorize Your Card. Please add another billing method or contact Your Bank for this issue "

I've confirmed this from my Bank & Their is no issue from their side!! So do anyone have some idea why Upwork isn't accepting my Card while i'm using the same card for the last 2 Years ??

I am having same issues. I tried to busy connects but received this message. We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank. I don't know what's the problem.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adnan,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan !! 

I'm facing the same issue, Unfornutely !!

I've even Contact my Bank regarding this issue and Everything is fine from their end! My Card is working Properly for other online Transcations, its Just not working on upwork !! 

Hi Muhammad and Nahida,

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with adding your billing methods.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Muhammad,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you’re experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
nahidap768
Community Member

i have same issue. I have contacted my bank and they say that my debit card is activated for all type of transactions and problem is in the website. my debit card is running perfectly on other freelancing sites but upwork is not accepting that.

plz help me as i have to buy connects

sheheryar_sherry
Community Member

Hi!

I am trying to add Visa card for billing method to buy connects but I am getting an error after saving information  "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank" I talked to my bank there is no issue from bank. Any solution for this? so I can buy connects and continue working.

Thanks

Hi Sheheryar,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

rohail_155
Community Member

Hi ,
I am facing issue while adding my payment method on my profile, previously it was added but in past 3 days I was unable to purchase new connects and it getting failed while payment  So i remove it and now i am going to add the same payment method but system throwing error "unable to add payment method". I contact with my bank and they received temporary error not complete details so i need to know why the website is unable to add my card

~Andrea
Upwork

I contact with theme they are saying we are previously there is no balance!
That's why the payment is getting failed. but now i am trying to add the
same card after deleting the existing one but the system is not allowing my
card while adding payment method

Hi Rohail,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
vjdcash
Community Member

hello sir/madam, 
 i am new here
Upwork shows me - Your payment could not be processed. 
I  comeplet all my billing and payment things , from my bank side there is no issue, recived 3 times otp number and its works also but last there shows only same mesaages - Your payment could not be processed. Also 
Billing and payment setting shows - Charge failed. 
please i need urgenty connects for my job work. As i am jobless since many months no money to manage plz understand my problem. 

I can provide you all my details 
plz help me asap. 
Thank you 

sir/madam
My profile link - 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Vijay,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
reyanshseo
Community Member

Can I use my friend's visa card to buy connects on Upwork? Please let me know if it's gonna create any issue? Or how can I avoid Upwork's policy voilation doing this if it is??? 

Hi Nitin,

Please use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My friend,

In my opinion, it does not matter whose card you are using for the money
transaction.
What matters is the suitability of the card for the transaction.
If your friend has no problem, why the receiver should have?

Got it?
wacera1
Community Member

How do I buy conects with a paypal account that is not linked to a card?

Hi Anne,

Please know that to use PayPal as your payment method, you need to link a credit or a valid debit card. You will need to have an associated payment method from your PayPal wallet.

~Andrea
Upwork
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths