🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rahim,

Payoneer card can be used for purchasing connects, not the account itself. To learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying connects please read this help article. To see the options available to you, click here.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ashish_dhabale
Community Member

I have been trying to buy connects for last few days. Tried a number of methods, a number of times. But in vain! 

m-ahmed-mushtaq
Community Member

Hi, I have a master card. I want to buy new connects but I cannot be able to do so because this error occurs we are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank. I cannot understand why this error occurs. I called in a bank they said the problem occurred at Upwork payment gateway. 

Hi Muhammad Ahmed,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're describing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Problem cannot solve. Consistently getting error message

Hi Muhammad Ahmed,

I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
jayp6226
Community Member

I tried to buy connect with paypal method but it shows charge fail, please help me for the same.

Hi Jay,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
cbeckermann
Community Member

First of all, why is there no Live Chat or Support? I need someone to look into my account and tell me why I can't purchase more connects. I have put in an AMEX as my new form of payment, and it still gives me a "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Does it not process credit cards from Canada? This is where I live?  Very disappointed in the lack of support on upwork

Christian 

I am facing the same problem. I am unable buy connects

Thank you for reaching out to us, Christian and Rangjalu.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your concerns. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
owary-rangjalu
Community Member

I have tried many times to buy connect, but I am unable to buy connects. It shows "Please try an alternative method." I have also tried with Paypal, but it still shows the same error. Please help me on this.
sallywrite
Community Member

Trying to purchase connects - doesnt allow- How to do you write direct to support btw?

Using card ( with permission) under someone elses name- could that be the issue?

How does one contact an agent in support - so frustr ating to find a way to do so

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sally,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue. Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
proumar
Community Member

I'm getting an issue while adding a billing method. My CARD is already activated for the online transaction (as said by bank helpline).

Error: "We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your card now. Please try again in a minute."
My profile is new so what can I do now? How can I resolve this issue to start freelancing?

Shall I ask customer support?

Hi Umar,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with adding a billing method.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
sajidhussain60
Community Member

I wanna buy connects for that I have added my credit card but its showing some error like "Payment was declined" ...what should I do Now ...please Help

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sajid,

Please check with your bank for more information about why the transaction was declined. To learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying connects please read this help article. To see the options available to you, click here.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi there !

Kindly guide me. 
I am trying to connect my mastercard  but it is giving me error. I am also sharing with you the screenshot of error message. 

I am from pakistan and my account is in this bank "muslim commercial bank". I have also contacted the bank authorities many times and they have said there is no issue from our side. 

Kindly look into my issue I have to buy connects

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohsin, 

Thank you for patiently waiting as our team looked into this further. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through an email support ticket regarding your concern. Please don't hesitate to update the same ticket thread if you have further questions so that the team can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
bc03ca4f
Community Member

Hello; I'm Biswajit, I'm relatively new in the platform. Getting the message "choose an alternative payment method" & "Charge failed" when trying to buy connects or upgrading membership.

Although, I have bought connects through the same Debit card in the month of Feb only.

I have tried removing & adding the card number. But, same thing happens.

Also, tried adding Paypal account. But, no use.

Therefore, Request you to kindly help me.

Thanks.

Hi Biswajit,

Thanks for reaching out to us. It looks like your bank declined this transaction. Kindly contact your issuing bank for more information about why this transaction was declined. In the meantime, please add a different billing method to be able to purchase Connects or Freelancer Plus membership.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jescarilla
Community Member

I'm trying to purchase connects to using my Paypal balance but the option is not showing. I have a verified paypal account. The checkout option is only showing my CC attached to my Paypal account. I have already changed my payment method in Paypal as my Paypal balance. Please advise.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeff, 

It sounds like you don't have an alternative billing method in your Paypal wallet. In order to add your Paypal account as a billing method on Upwork, please add an alternative billing method to your Paypal account. If you have further questions about this, you may contact Paypal's customer support directly.

~ Avery
Upwork

As I have stated, I have already updated my preferred payment methon on my Paypal account. My preferred payment method is now showing as Paypal Balance. However, this option is not showing as available when checking out on my account in Upwork.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeff, 

This means that the option is not available to you in your location. You may choose to a different Billing Method on Upwork that is available in your location. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ankitranot123
Community Member

Am trying to buy connect with mastercard of other person but its not working.

I want to ask that card i have to use for billing has to same as my Upwork name.
And if yes then my debit card name is Ankit but my upwork name Is Ankit  **edited for Community Guidelines**
Is my Sirname make problem in billings in future or not?
Help!!!

Hi Ankit, 

I checked your account and can confirm that the bank declined this transaction. For more information, please contact the local bank directly. 

As for your question about billing methods on Upwork, please use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, the Upwork team will notify you directly. 

~ Avery
Upwork
marissa_tulod
Community Member

I have tried to buy connects and I got this message "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternative payment method or retry again later"

Hi Marissa,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ibrahim-chaoudi
Community Member

Hello

I'm not able to proceed with PayPal. Fail to buy the connect, it would be very helpful if you can check.

Thanks 

Ibrahim 

Hi Chaoudi,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ahmedsaad1986
Community Member

I received the following message when I try to activate Freelancer Plus. 

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

I used two different methods; Paypal and credit card, however, I received the same message. 

Hi Ahmed,

I checked and it looks like you were able to activate a Freelancer plus membership plan. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
zishanj63
Community Member

Hi Community,

Please let me know can i add my friend Master card as a billing method. ?

Because the name on my profile is change and the name on card is also change.

I tried this before i don't due to this reason or by someone else reason they suspended my account.

Please Guide me.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

As long as the owner of the billing method authorized you to use it, you should be able to add it to your account. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
nimraliaqat
Community Member

How i can purchase connect from local bank account

Hi Nimra,

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

To learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships please read this help article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
alisajjadkhan
Community Member

Hi All,

Which Master/ Visa Debit Card to use, I mean from which bank?

I tried to buy connects using Allied Bank's Visa Debit Card, but the process faild. Upwork asked to use an alternative payment method. Which Master or Visa Card to use from which bank?

Thank you,

Sajjad

Hi Sajjad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members