cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Highlighted
Ahmad W Member Since: Jan 31, 2019
41 of 2,991

Thanks Dear,

Waiting for further response.

Highlighted
Blend Q Member Since: Apr 12, 2020
42 of 2,991

Hello, I am facing the same problem. I am trying to buy connects but my Visa card keeps geting declined. I used my brother's card just to be sure and his doesnt work either. Please let me know when someone from the staff can help me with this matter because it is very urgent. Thanks and take care. 

Highlighted
43 of 2,991

Hi Blend,

I was facing the same issue; I don't know about your country but in Pakistan, because of security reasons they do not allow us to add the debit card into a subscription-based website (like Upwork) as these sites save our card information and bank automatically declined these kinds of verification requests).

So best solution is to check with your Bank, if they have a same rule, and they will also let you know if the card has been declined by your Bank or not.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
44 of 2,991

Hi Blend,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Godwin O Member Since: Sep 30, 2020
45 of 2,991
Urgent please, since the past four days, I've been unable to buy connects on Upwork with my Mastercard. Just the same response the op get is what I get.

It's telling me payment declined. Please help me out. I complained to my bank and but they said there's no problem with my card.
Highlighted
Ashish D Member Since: Nov 12, 2019
46 of 2,991
Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
47 of 2,991

Hi Godwin,

I checked, and it looks like your issuing bank declined the transaction. Please reach out to them to confirm the specific decline error. You may also consider using a different billing method. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Shahzaib K Member Since: May 28, 2020
48 of 2,991

Dear Bojan,
I am also facing this issue, while trying to add billing method I used my Visa Debit card but it was declined by upwork though I have checked from my bank multiple time as well but there might be some issue at Upwork payment gateway.
Please help me out on this as I am new to this network and right now out of "connect" to submit any proposal.

Regards,

Highlighted
49 of 2,991

Shahzib,

The problem is not with Upwork Payment Gateway, it's because of the policy of State Bank of Pakistan.

You have to have a Credit Card for such kind of payment; I was facing the same issue, even I have the SCB's Debit Card.

Let me know if you need any help.

BR,

Ahmad Wajeeh.

Highlighted
Shahzaib K Member Since: May 28, 2020
50 of 2,991
Ok Thanks for your valuable input.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS