🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
8e6ecdee
Community Member

I TRIED MANY TIMES TO FIX MY ISSUE BUT NOT GETTING GOOD RESPONSE 

8e6ecdee
Community Member

SO MUCH DISAPPOINTED

Hi Abbas,

I understand your frustration with this. I can see that our team has been communicating with you via ticket and I`ve escalated your concern to our team. 
One of our team members will reach out to you via a new ticket and will assist you further.

~ Goran
Upwork
8e6ecdee
Community Member

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add Visa card as billing method. I saw following error :

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

i contacted bank they said the issue is from site , there is no problem by bank.
Please solve this issue as soon as possible so that i can buy connects 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Abbas,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi !

I can't reach out through this ticket it show the problem is solved.

But actually it is not solved.

I am facing serious issue from many days , Kindly solve this please.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abbas,

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I USE THE SAME CARD FOR ANOTHER ONLINE TRANSACTION SITE ITS WORKING THERE IS NO ISSUE FROM BANK SIDE THE UPWORK IS......

wingman_haris
Community Member

Hello Team Upwork! There is an issue with upgrading my membership plus plan. The reply everytime I get is "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Kindly look into this matter asap please!

Thank you in advance.

Hi Qazi,

I'm sorry to hear about this. You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for your membership upgrade.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

First make sure that the card you are using is suitable for
international payments.

Regards.

Dear Ashish D.

Thank you very much for writing.

I can buy coonects from my basic plan but unable to upgrade my plan.

That means there is no issue with international payments, right?

Please suggest me if there is a solution or what I am doing wrong.

Sincerely,

Qazi **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Qazi,

Thanks for following up. In this case, it's still best to check with your bank for more information. The membership upgrade is a recurring payment so it's possible that your card is not set up for that.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
zainabasiff
Community Member

I am trying to purchase connects and have an authorised card. I have called the bank to make sure everything is perfect on my end. However, I can't purchase connects and I can't even add my card to the billing method.

The following message pops up when I try to add it to the billing method or purchase connects:

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

Can someone please help me out?

Hi Zainab,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan, 

Thank you for your reply.

I cleared my cache and cookies and also logged in from a different browser but it is still not working.

Hi Zainab, 

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues with purchasing Connects. I have shared your concern with the team so that one of our agents can assist you further via a support ticket. You may also consider checking out the link that Bojan shared with you to check which options are available to you and try adding one of those instead. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
5adbe884
Community Member

Hello,

I have a Rupay Debit card from state bank of india. I need support on buying connect with that card. 

I don't have any other card and i need connect . I would really benifitial if you solve my issue. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks and Regards

Soumya Ghosh  

Hi Soumya,

Could you please confirm if you`re receiving any errors on your end? I would suggest adding one of our accepted billing methods in order to be able to purchase connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

[image: image.png]
Hello,
I am getting this error. After entering the otp sent on my
registered mobile number. I am using Master Card and International payment
is turned on on this card. Please help me on the same.
Thanks and Regards
Soumya Ghosh
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Soumya,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
5adbe884
Community Member

Hello,

I have contacted my card-issuing bank but they said  your international payment is turned on you can pay any organization using your card please contact the company where you want pay if they can help you on the same.

If you can provide any other method like 'UPI' then it will be really benifitial for every indian users and also increase your sales in India. 

Hoping for a positive response from your side.

Thanks and Regards

Soumya Ghosh

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Soumya,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
5adbe884
Community Member

Thank you.
02dc4c3b
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my subscription to premium but Upwork does not approve my visa debit card.

I contacted my bank but according to then both international transactions and internet banking sessions are active. I have sufficient funds in my account. what could be the reason?

Thanks.

Best,

Ahmad

Hi Ahmad,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with upgrading your membership.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks Aleks

leila_kz
Community Member

Hi.

Previously had issued with Paypal payment, now I added my card to the Upwork and transaction went through, but I can't do it anymore, because there is an error "Payment was declined". I wonder why, because in my bank statement the payment went through.

Please advise

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lyailya,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
d4d3685f
Community Member

I am new here but Upwork is not accepting my master card.some one plzz help me to accept

Hi Haseeb,

I checked, and it looks like the rejection error was from your issuing bank. You may want to check with them regarding the specific rejection so that they can assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
iyer-ramesh
Community Member

Hello team,

I am facing problem in buying connects.

Regards,

Ramesh

Hi Ramesh,

I checked, and it looks like the decline error was from your issuing bank. Please check with them regarding the specific decline error so that they can assist you further. You may also consider using a different billing method. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
d_rangrej
Community Member

After using all types of my debit card, i'm  still anable to add card on my upeork account,

Kindly allow me to add card, I want to purchase connects.

-Divyesh

Hi Divyesh,

I checked, and it looks like the decline error was from your issuing bank. Please check with them regarding the specific decline error so that they can assist you further. You may also consider using a different billing method. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
8e6ecdee
Community Member

Hello ! 

I tried to buy connects but it show serveral times  " 

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Kindly solve this issue as soon as possible.
Thank You

Hi Abbas,

Please try adding another billing method to purchase connects, I would also recommend checking with your bank if your account/s is enabled for international charges. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

Hello,

When i am going to purchase something through my paypal id..it take it. but, when i'm going to purchase Connects at Upwork, its not taking.

which Debit or Credit card or something from INDIA belongs to any Bank to support Upwork for purchase connect ?

pls suggest.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths