🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi.

Same problem. I can't purchase connects. Please help.

I've tried different method already.

Hi Antoniette,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

I'm having a similar issue. I am allowed to begin the process and even put my card information in, but when I do, the fields and info disappear and the dialogue box seems to freeze. When I click out of it and go back to my profile, I still have zero connects, so the payment didn't go through. Please help! 

Hi Tenesha,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue. Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

The cache-clearing worked. Thank you! 

Sir,

I am Goutam from India as a new freelancer, I can not bye connects through Paypal or direct, please give me  a suggestion how I connects bye, I am not able to submit any proposal due to unsufficent connects.

Please provide me a sugestion as earliest.

Thanks

Hi Goutam, 

When adding a billing method to your profile, the available methods that will be listed are those that are avaiable to your location. If Paypal is not an option, you should be able to use Payoneer, or your Upwork balance to purchase connects. Please read up on this help article for more information

~ Avery
Upwork

Sir,
I apologist for delay responds, I everything try but
Schedule

Monthly (next on 09/25/2019) to PayPal -  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Only when balance is $100.00 or more. View payment calendar

Inactive
Edit Schedule
Payment Methods
Add Method
Preferred
PayPal -  **Edited for Community Guidelines**
Inactive

Hi Vladimir,

Newbie here..hope you can also help me..im trying to buy connects so i can start submitting proposal but all of my debit card were declined..getting this error "we are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank" i tried atleast 3 cards even paypal and add a card but i still got the same error. I called a friend who also use one of the card thatvi also used and shw said she did not have the same error. Is there something that i might be doing wrong? Thank you
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Violet, 

I'm sorry to learn you were not able to add a billing method to your account. I checked all the credit/debit cards that you added as a billing method, and can see that the bank has declined the transactions. You may need to contact your bank and ask them about the specific charge decline for more information about your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
iloveme13
Community Member

Hi avery,

Thank you for the feesback. I chat with my 2 banks and asked them if there's any restriction or hold on using my debit cards fro anynupwork relares transactions and they told me there's none. I should not have any issues using my cards to upwork. Is there any specific philippine bank that upwork only prefers to be added on my billing method?

Thank you

Hello there. I am having the same issue. I tried to buy connects. I tied to buy 80 but the amount is still the same.

Hi Rajhean,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I believe my issue is the same. I've been trying to buy connects but I have no success. Can you please check if my account is still in the previous Basic Plan. If so, please have it migrated to the new Basic Plan where I can buy connects.

Hi Dexter,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Can you buy connects through phone, laptop or app? 

Hi Favour Chinaza,

You should be able to buy connects on your laptop. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. Check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I’ve been wanting to purchase connects for a while now since my account has been switched to “Private” despite having my account approved only earlier this month. I’ve been reading some of the concerns here and I’ve deduced that probably my account has not been issued on the New Basic Plan yet. May I ask if it is possible for me to be migrated to the new Basic Account plan also? I’d very much appreciate your assistance.

Hi Katrina Christine,

I checked your account, and the option to purchase connects is available. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card, or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here

Connects are not sold individually, but bundles begin at $1.50 for 10 Connects. Regardless of which bundle you choose, all Connects are priced at $0.15 apiece. Here are your bundle options:

• 10 for $1.50
  • 20 for $3
  • 40 for $6
  • 60 for $9
  • 80 for $12

To learn more, please check out this article. Please let us know if you have further questions. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I see. This is duly noted. Thank you so much, Joanne! I very much appreciate your assistance. 

Hi Vladimir,

I’ve written to you before but I’m not sure if my message has been successfully sent but basically I have the same concern as Jakov. Will you be able to migrate my account to the new Basic Plan too? I’ve been wanting to purchase connects for some time now but I’m not able to do so since there’s no option for me to purchase connects.

I’d very much appreciate your assistance.

Hi Sir,

I have the same concern just like the others. For some unknown reason I can’t buy connects. It’s frustrating cause I’m still new to Upwork and I want to apply as much many jobs as I want, but now I can’t buy connects.

Thanks,
Joffer

Hi Joffer,

Are you receiving any errors on your end? If yes, please share the text of the error you`re receiving. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i am going throuht the same issue can somebody help me with this. i cant buy connects 

Hi Muhammad,

I checked your account, and it looks like you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Vladimir,

I’m having the same problem as the previous user. I only have the option to choose between basic and plus plans on my membership & connections page. I would like to purchase individual connects. Please let me know if you can fix this.

Best,
Brooklyn

Hi Brooklyn,

I checked your account, and the option to add Connects is available. Please check this screenshot for your reference. If you click on the "Add More Connects" button, you should be able to select the option to buy. Connects are not sold individually, but bundles begin at $1.50 for 10 Connects. Regardless of which bundle you choose, all Connects are priced at $0.15 apiece. Here are your bundle options:

10 for $1.50

20 for $3

40 for $6

60 for $9

80 for $12

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am unable to buy connected using my debit card.

Need some help please!

Hi Mehar and Goutam,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you both with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I dont have any connects in my Basic Membership Plan. I even tried to buy Connects there and also tried to upgrade the Basic to Plus with cards and through Paypal, but failed everytime. Please help.

Hello,

I am getting this error whenever, I am trying to buy connects, I am from India and my debit card is an international approved card, then also I am seeing this error.

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

please help me to resolve.

Hi Violeta, Mary and Vishal,

Our team will reach out to you all via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

okay

Hi goran,

Will wait.thank you

Hi Goran,

So i reached out to my 2 banks and still waiting for their response. I tries using paypal since it wqs also an option to be addee as a billing method. There's a portion to also add a credit or debit card. I have a verified paypal account and linked a bank accpunt to it but i still got the same error message that it can't be processed and that i also need to reach out to my bank. I thought using paypal is entirely different to just directly adding my debit cards.

Thank you
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Violeta, 

If used as a billing method, users may need to add an alternative payment method to ther PayPal wallet in order to add their PayPal account as a billing method on Upwork.

I checked your account, and can confirm that Paypal cannot be used as a billing method in your location. Once you have sorted the issue with your bank, you can use these as a billing method on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I'm having the same issue. When I try to buy connects, it takes me to a membership plans page, but doens't allow me to do anything on that page. 

Hi Meagan,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to purchase connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Same problem here, I am unable to buy connected using my BDO debit card in the Philippines.

I have only one card, BDO and dont have paypal.

Need some help please on what to do or steps. can I use my Earnings at Upwork? but my earnings is still on pending. 

thanks a lot 

Hi Edgardo,

I would suggest checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or adding another billing method.

Once your earnings on Upwork are available on your account, you will also be able to use them to purchase Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members