cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

shahzaibca
Shahzaib K Member Since: May 28, 2020
81 of 4,132

Dear Bojan,
I am also facing this issue, while trying to add billing method I used my Visa Debit card but it was declined by upwork though I have checked from my bank multiple time as well but there might be some issue at Upwork payment gateway.
Please help me out on this as I am new to this network and right now out of "connect" to submit any proposal.

Regards,

wajeehihi
Ahmad W Member Since: Jan 31, 2019
82 of 4,132

Shahzib,

The problem is not with Upwork Payment Gateway, it's because of the policy of State Bank of Pakistan.

You have to have a Credit Card for such kind of payment; I was facing the same issue, even I have the SCB's Debit Card.

Let me know if you need any help.

BR,

Ahmad Wajeeh.

shahzaibca
Shahzaib K Member Since: May 28, 2020
83 of 4,132
Ok Thanks for your valuable input.
femialphonse
Femi A Member Since: May 3, 2016
84 of 4,132

Hi kashif,

Please contacat your bank officials and know whether your visa card allow foreign payments. 

sometimes you must upgrade your visa card or switch on the foreign transaction through a sms.

Then it will work .For both you must contact bank officials .

I solved my problem through this 

All the Best

rishmachawla
Rishma C Member Since: Mar 16, 2019
85 of 4,132

Hi team, I am trying to purchase connects and I am trying to add billing methos. i have tried with my Visa card, my cart has foreign payment enables as I asked from Bank. but I am getting below message

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
86 of 4,132

Hi Rishma,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
rishmachawla
87 of 4,132
I tried to use paypal but in India PayPal does not provide services.
luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
88 of 4,132

Hi Rishma,

I can confirm Paypal does provide service in India. Are you experiencing any problem adding Paypal to your Upwork account? Alternatively, you may use any of the other available billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi

Untitled
rishmachawla
89 of 4,132
I tried master credit card that is global and international payment is enabled on it but upwork does't accept that. I tried to add paypal but there is no Indian state name . So what state i can select?
egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
90 of 4,132

Hi Rishma,

Thank you for following up. Regarding your credit card, I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with a screenshot of the error message you receive when you try to add a PayPal? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Thank you,

~ Nikola

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS