🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
sheikhmudassir
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Facing this issue to upgrade to freelancer plus, can anyone help?

7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sheikh,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Can I use my brother's card to make the payment?

I don't have any other card or paypal..

Hi Sheikh,

Yes, you can use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Authorize to use? Does it need any special authorization, or I can just add the card, plus, the card I'm adding is not a credit card, it's a debit card...

Hi Sheikh,

As long as the owner of the billing method authorized you to use it, you should be able to add it to your account. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly.  

Upwork accepts Visa, Discover, Diners Club, Diners Club International, Mastercard, and American Express. To learn more about acceptable billing methods please check this help article

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm adding my Visa Debit Card and it's not working, I tried my friends Mastercard "Debit card" and it said that we failed to authorize or something like that, any help?

Hi Sheikh,

I checked, and the rejection is from the issuing bank. You may want to contact your bank about the decline error. The same goes for your friend's card. They need to contact their issuing bank so that they can check. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members