🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment has been rejected (Paypal)
Page options
zmajew
Community Member

Your payment has been rejected (Paypal)

Hello.

I got an email and it's said that my payment couldn't be completed and funds were returned to my Upwork account. Two days in a row. I chacked Paypal account and I can not see any problems there.

Thanks in advance

23 REPLIES 23
petra_r
Community Member

Zeljko T wrote:

I got an email and it's said that my payment couldn't be completed and funds were returned to my Upwork account. Two days in a row. I chacked Paypal account and I can not see any problems there.

Upwork uses MassPay to disperse earnings. (That's why we do not pay a PayPal fee on the received funds.) Unfortunately there are some countries where PayPal can not accept MassPay payments or can only accept it after enabling individual accounts to be able to do so.

You need to go back to PayPal and ask them if your account can (or can be set to) accept MassPay payments.

If not, you need to choose a different withdrawal method.

zmajew
Community Member

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Before I do what you suggested to me I want to emphasize that I have already used Paypal here in UpWork in Aprill and it worked then. Has something changed from then?

petra_r
Community Member

Zeljko T wrote:

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Before I do what you suggested to me I want to emphasize that I have already used Paypal here in UpWork in Aprill and it worked then. Has something changed from then?

I have no idea, Zeljko, but when people from your geographical region had issues receiving their PayPal payments, that tended to be the issue. Some were successful in having the ability to receive MassPay payments on their accounts enabled, others were not.

It can't hurt to contact PayPal and ask them specifically about receiving MassPay payouts.

zmajew
Community Member

It can hurt - I cannot find how to contact Paypal...

The same is here in UpWork. Can you send me a link where to send UpWork claim regarding this issue?

Thanks again

Hi Zeljko,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, 

After some problems to received payments in my Paypal account, looks like it was only to confirm the email in PayPal. Now Upwork says that they transferred me the money but I didn't receive it in my Paypal account. Nevertheless, it appears as they send me a week ago... and nobody reply to the messages... 

Hi Marian,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your ticket in a timely manner. Please allow time for our team to carefully review your request and assist you accordingly. You will be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi there, I am having actually the same problem. Can someone help me? 

I'm from simialr geographical area as Zeljko, if I can assume.

Turns out that the problem was with my visa card, so Paypal requested me to confirm the card. I assume that I was under 5BAM (Bosnian currency) minimum for the card to be alive.

Hi Hrvoje,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,
I happen to have the same issue, I cannot withdraw funds to my PayPal account, which I’ve done before. The rejection email shows no further details on why I can’t send the money.
zmajew
Community Member

I confirmed the card as PayPal told me to do and still not working. I am waiting for PayPal to solve this problem.

Hi Ola,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via ticket and assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi there, I have the same problem can you help me out!!

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi there, I have the same problem can you help me out ? 

Hi Ibrahim,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for your payment issues. Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, to keep all the information in one place so that our team can assist you more effectively. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I have the same problem receiving payments through PayPal. Could you please help me?

Thank you,

Amro

Hi Amro,

I've escalated your concern with the team. One of our agents will assist you directly via ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have the same problem with pay pal. can you help me?

Hi Anastasiya,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
bernardkyeyune
Community Member

Hello Team!

I have a similar problem.

Whenever I attempt to withdraw funds to my PayPal account, the transaction gets rejected.

Please assist.

Thanks & Stay Safe

Bernard 

Hi Bernard,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members