🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment has been rejected
Page options
hvozdulych
Community Member

Your payment has been rejected

When attempting to withdraw my money to PayPal account, I receive a message: 

"We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.
As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments."

I've been trying to take my money via "Get Paid Now" for months and Upwork returns them back.
Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Vasyl H wrote:

When attempting to withdraw my money to PayPal account, I receive a message: 

"We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.
As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments."

I've been trying to take my money via "Get Paid Now" for months and Upwork returns them back.

Vasyl, Upwork does not return them back, PayPal rejects the payment.

Contact PayPal and ask them if MassPay payments can be accepted by your PayPal account. This is the process by which Upwork sends the funds to PayPal, and it differs from normal PayPal payments, which also why there are no PayPal fees on the receiving side.

MassPay (which is a PayPal product not available for recipients in all countries) can sometimes be enabled on PayPal accounts in countries that do not accept it as standard, but you need to ask PayPal if that could be the case for your account in your country.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Vasyl,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members