🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment has been rejected
Page options
b_huebner
Community Member

Your payment has been rejected

I always receive my payments from Upwork directly to my bank account. It is not my first time i withdraw money from upwork, but this is the fist time i am rejected.

Now, for this month, I have received a feedback that the payment has been rejected, I have tried it several times.
Reasons first: The reason for returned funds: Invalid SWIFT/routing number and then: The reason for returned funds: Payment rejected by the bank.
I would like to know why, nothing has been changed in my account or at the bank.
What can I do?
Thank you and greetings, Birgit **Edited for Community Guidelines**

4 REPLIES 4
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Birgit,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mikulicmarko
Community Member

Hey @Aleksandar D

This happened to me, too. I've been receiving money from UpWork for about 6 months now on this bank account. Nothing has changed but I got an e-mail saying: "We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed. The reason for returned funds: Payment rejected by the bank."

Can you help me out here?

Hi Marko,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
b_huebner
Community Member

Hi Marko, for me the cause was the money order from Upwork to my bank was in dollars and not in euros. Regards

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths