🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment method has been deactivated beca...
Page options
jitenshah18
Community Member

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does no

I have a freelancer account and I want to add my company bank account for payments but I get Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

How do I upload additional docs like my company bank statement

12 REPLIES 12
JoanneP

Hi Jiten,

I checked your account and see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our team members will update your ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Keecia,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you very much

Please solve this problem. I never experienced this before just for today.

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our page for additional information. 

Hi Jomar,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Jomar,
I’m not understanding this email. My information is correct on my payment method that’s how I received payment the last week.
e1ca87dd
Community Member

I have same problem too maam

b7f3f1a5
Community Member

Hello, 

I keep seeing this warning when I login to my upwork account:

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

I have recently changed my name in my Upwork account in order to fix this issue.

48 hours have passed and even though the name on my payment method is the exact same as my name on Upwork the warning keeps showing up.

Could this have to do something with the name on my ID?

Thanks in advance,

Theocharis

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2022-04-23 212834.png

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2022-04-23 212853.png

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2022-04-23 212933.png

   

Hi Theocharis,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
nayem_z
Community Member

My bank account name and upwork name same. But it says 

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. Solve the issue?

Hi Md Nayemuzzaman,

Thanks for reaching out. I've followed up with the relevant team and can confirm that the mismatch has been cleared on our end. Please note that your payment method will now go through a security verification period and should become active in 3 days.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths