🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your user account has been permanently suspen...
Page options
joakovlsc
Community Member

Your user account has been permanently suspended but you are allowed to finish your current projects

Hello,

I'm Joaquin, and I've been an UpWork freelancer for the past 3 years.

Recently, I  forgot to disable the mouse jiggler software my main contractor allows and tracked a few hours of a different contract by mistake. I realized this, refunded all the hours, but it was too late. After a week of investigation, the Upwork Customer Experience Team decided to limit my financial account with the option of rappelling the decision in 30 days.

The thing is, Jose mentions in the email that "Your user account has been permanently suspended but you are allowed to finish your current projects" - Does this mean I can still get paid for my main contract? I've been working on that contract for the past 2 years, is my main job, so I want to know if still get paid for my hours worked there.

I know for a fact that the "get paid now" feature doesn't work for me, but the message above is confusing and I don't really know how to take it. I need to plan ahead because UpWork is my one and only income source.

Thank you in advance,

Joaquin V.

EDIT: The reason why my main contractor allows mouse manipulation software is because my job is 40% desk 60% offdesk, and they allow me to track that 60% of my working hours in any possible way. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

There are hundreds of rules on Upwork.

You broke one of the top three.

re: "The reason why my main contractor allows mouse manipulation software is because my job is 40% desk 60% offdesk, and they allow me to track that 60% of my working hours in any possible way."

This is not acceptable.

re: "Does this mean I can still get paid for my main contract? I've been working on that contract for the past 2 years, is my main job, so I want to know if still get paid for my hours worked there."

As I understand it: yes.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
prestonhunter
Community Member

There are hundreds of rules on Upwork.

You broke one of the top three.

re: "The reason why my main contractor allows mouse manipulation software is because my job is 40% desk 60% offdesk, and they allow me to track that 60% of my working hours in any possible way."

This is not acceptable.

re: "Does this mean I can still get paid for my main contract? I've been working on that contract for the past 2 years, is my main job, so I want to know if still get paid for my hours worked there."

As I understand it: yes.

I understand, and I know where you come from, but I also know I'm didn't mean wrong - I didn't use an auto clicker in a malicious way but used it because of a direct recommendation of my contractor.

Also, you can see attached the take Upwork Customer Experience Team has on it.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Joaquin:
I honestly don't think that you meant to do anything malicious.

I hope things work out for you. I really do.

For anybody ELSE who is reading this:

You can't use auto-clicker (or "mouse jiggler") on Upwork. Ever. For any reason. You are likely to get permanently terminated from the platform.

What does that mean "mouse jiggler?"

Mouse jiggler?

This thread is talking about software that dishonest freelancers use to cheat... to make it look like the mouse or keyboard is being used even though nobody is really working. In order to collect hourly pay without really working.

Thanks for that info- 30+ years of this and I forgot that term.

In future simply agree on logging manual work for the 60% of hours that you aren't behind your PC.  Using an auto clicker guarantees payment protection and as such is against UpWorks TOS if you're not actually doing the work you're pretending to be doing.  I have plenty of times where I'm meeting with contacts in person on behalf of clients on UpWork where time tracking simply isn't possible, this is resolved by manual time input.

Dear Joaquin, 

Enjoy your post-Upwork life. The platform is a waste of time. 

Does that mean you are quiting? great an open slot for someone else to possibly get work!

Maybe THAt Is the answer Upworks only allows so many people into the clubhouse!  Nah never happen. But I might start my own club - cheap/simple-low profit no boardmemebers to kiss but!

great

I sent a proposal on a job but client gets suspended and my connects not received.

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please share the URL of the proposal you submitted so we can check? We'll be happy to clarify this for you. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

My jss was 100% and now suddenly drop to 60% either i have not negative feedback or something else kindly check,i contacted with upwork support team they give me reason, It seems that the change in your Job Success Score (JSS) is due to a time-window change. This means that previous good outcomes may have slipped out of the 24-month window, and there may not have been enough new good outcomes to replace them.i want to know why this happens, because i recently completed my job, client release milestone payment but didn't close contract, so i tried to contac with client but he didn't reply, so i close job and gave good feedback to client, i want to know why this happens my jss was 100% but now is 60% , it is very shocking for me i am new freelancer on upwork, i did hardworking to achieve 100% jss but now 60%. How i can survive on this platform i am very sad. Kindly help me

b40151cf
Community Member

How your account is reactive again?

tikus
Community Member

what is this mouse jiggler? I've just heard about this from someone. You have to use it with permission, right? or not? Is it allowed on upwork? Legal?

spectralua
Community Member

It short: It is not allowed.

tikus
Community Member

interesting.

818fd63c
Community Member

sorry to hear about the situation with UpWork 😶 It sounds like a challenging time, but I wish you the best in resolving the issue. Stay positive and hopeful for a favorable outcome.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths