🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Zero Earning Pause Contract!
Page options
rafsun_ug
Community Member

Zero Earning Pause Contract!

Hello Upworks Experts,

Take my best regards. Would be great if someone told me about a zero earning pause contract. The client has an issue so that she wants to pause the contract and I haven't paid yet from the contract. I need to mention that she is my old and regular client. And this is a new contract from an old account. The contract is 5 weeks old but I couldn't start her work because of some sources. They need to film some video clips and they are not getting that time. When I told her that this idle contract might affect on my JSS, then she asked me if she paused the contract will it affect my JSS? I know, idle contract for longtime effect on JSS if there is no money transaction. But, will this zero earning pause contract also affect my JSS as it is paused? 

Thanks in Advance,

RAFSUN SAZID

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rafsun S wrote:

Thanks for sharing...Elba. It is an hourly based contract. But not sure, how could I ask her to issue some dollar without working. If I asked her, she might agree if she can do that in an hourly based contract. But I am not sure, how come I ask her to issue a dollar without working. It's easier for me to ask her to end the contract. But as she gave an idea about the pause contract so I want to know the exact situation about this. And I also want to mention that I earned more than $500 from her...from this account of her. Thank you Elba!  

Never accept a contract you can't start working on.

Yes, this contract will affect your JSS when it hits 2 months, it does not matter if it iss paused or not.

The client can issue a bonus of a Dollar to stop it becoming a "0 paid" contract, or unpause it to let you log 10 minutes.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
emiguelina
Community Member

Rafsun S wrote:

Hello Upworks Experts,

Take my best regards. Would be great if someone told me about a zero earning pause contract. The client has an issue so that she wants to pause the contract and I haven't paid yet from the contract. I need to mention that she is my old and regular client. And this is a new contract from an old account. The contract is 5 weeks old but I couldn't start her work because of some sources. They need to film some video clips and they are not getting that time. When I told her that this idle contract might affect on my JSS, then she asked me if she paused the contract will it affect my JSS? I know, idle contract for longtime effect on JSS if there is no money transaction. But, will this zero earning pause contract also affect my JSS as it is paused? 

Thanks in Advance,

RAFSUN SAZID

Eventually, it will (not sure about the pause though), but if it's an old client, you can ask her to issue a $1 dollar payment, to avoid "Zero Earning", and let it be for the time being until she's ready to resume the project.

Thanks for sharing...Elba. It is an hourly based contract. But not sure, how could I ask her to issue some dollar without working. If I asked her, she might agree if she can do that in an hourly based contract. But I am not sure, how come I ask her to issue a dollar without working. It's easier for me to ask her to end the contract. But as she gave an idea about the pause contract so I want to know the exact situation about this. And I also want to mention that I earned more than $500 from her...from this account of her. Thank you Elba!  

I'll bet she would be more than willing to assist you in paying a dollar to make the stupid system work better.  

Rafsun S wrote:

Never accept a contract you can't start working on.

Yes, this contract will affect your JSS when it hits 2 months, it does not matter if it iss paused or not.

The client can issue a bonus of a Dollar to stop it becoming a "0 paid" contract, or unpause it to let you log 10 minutes.

Hi Petra, 

This is just a situation! As I working with this client for almost a year, so I didn't find any reason to decline the offer. But yes, we have already discussed this and we are going to a solution to this critical situation! But one thing, I really don't like this kind of rules (I think, this is totally stupid) of Upwork. It's not fair anyway! Thanks for sharing! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths