Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Zero Hours in Profile

nabhassy
Ace Contributor
Anil C Member Since: Oct 23, 2015
1 of 4

As you can see more than 70% of jobs are for fixed price. Clients prefer fixed price, as they don’t need to monitor the job and hours. 

They will get the final product for the $ agreed. 

I also prefer fixed price jobs, as I don’t need to edit the hourly log, and I can do multiple things in between.

But if I do only fixed price jobs, my stats will show 0 hours worked, which will give the impression that I have not worked at all.

Also clients are given a provision to select only freelancers who have done a certain hours of work on upwork, even in a fixed price job posting.

Those who are doing only fixed price jobs, will not be able to apply for this, even if the new job is for fixed-price.

I think, the client simply selects that option for minimum hours, thinking that those have higher hours are more experienced

Please fix this.

fd787a72
Mark T Member Since: Nov 30, 2015
2 of 4

Why don't you tell this to Upwork CEO?

vivekcs087
Vivek S Member Since: Mar 9, 2017
3 of 4

This is fraustating and UPWork should have a solution for this.

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 4

The fact the client selects hours does not mean it excludes you from applying. The number of jobs completed also shows. You can thus state in your letter that although you have not done hourly contracts, preferring to do fixed price instead, you do meet his requirements. 

This is what I did before I had worked any hourly contracts, and also the way in which I secured them. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS