🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » a Dishonest Freelancer has been charging $ fr...
Page options
pignamedia
Community Member

a Dishonest Freelancer has been charging $ from me for no work

Opened a project in 2020. With weekly / biweekly tasks to my freelancer.

Since February 2021 I stopped messaging / giving tasks to my freelancer. I got serious health complications and were not able to attend back to work neiter message them.

I still have an open project with freelancer who has been manually billing me for the whole year without providing any work.

pignamedia_0-1642491280865.png

How can I get help here in Upwork?

3 REPLIES 3
PradeepH

Hi Madis,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a freelancer. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Madis P wrote:

I still have an open project with freelancer who has been manually billing me for the whole year without providing any work

How can I get help here in Upwork?

Unfortunately, almost all or all of that money has gone. You could only get money back for last week, the last 30 days at most. Anything logged in 2021 would be beyond reach and has long been withdrawn.

prestonhunter
Community Member

A client let a freelancer log time for many months and get paid, from the client's credit card.

Was what this freelancer did morally acceptable?
No.

Is the client a bad person for allowing this to happen?
No.

Will the client get his money back?
Hmm... I don't know.

But it seems unlikely.

Upwork does not have his money.

The freelancer has already withdrawn that money into the freelancer's bank account.

Perhaps Upwork will send the freelancers a request on the client's behalf, asking the freelancer to refund the money. But what if the freelancer says no?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members