martiii1

a possible scammer !!! what to do?

I am a just starting freelancing and I applied for a job. The person offering it messaged me on your site asking for my skype. We continued our conversation there and rather then asking something regarding the job he made me a different kind offer. He asked me "to give him a picture and video verification" for his second account because on his first account he "had bad history". I can provide screenshots from both conversation(here and skype) if you need them. What can be done here? ... his name here is *** Edited for Community Guidelines***. I don't want someone who is possibly a scammer to continue making accounts here. If there is nothing you can do it's ok. I just wanted to try and do something

3 REPLIES 3
mtngigi

Martin,

Flag the job and stop communicating with the "client".

Also be aware that you need to be 18 to work on this site.

lenaellis
Staff
Staff

Martin, 

We appreciate you taking the time to notify us of this. Could you provide me with the screenshots and a link to the job post through the private messages here in the Community. We will esclalate this user. Thanks!

Untitled
jk_david

Like Virginia said, flag the job and stop communicating with him. I think it's against Upwork policy to make duplicate accounts... but let's look at the business side of your situation: the client made another account to HIDE how unethical he is. I have bad feedback on my profile, but that doesn't mean I'm going to make a second account because of it. If this "Anton" was really someone you could trust to pay you when you finished the job... he wouldn't have took the coward's way out and make another account. Just report him and move on.