Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accidental click made me have to rewrite a proposal

Ace Contributor
Gyorgy H Member Since: Aug 26, 2016
1 of 37

I mean seriously?

Please, Upwork, if you think a modal, that disappears if you click away without the option of directly reopening it, is the best solution for freelancers writing their proposals on, then at least make it store any text written on it!
This is such a fundamental part UI design, I can't imagine how your frontend team could miss it.
Please fix it, because currently only some of the fields seem to store data, which basically equals to nothing.
Best would be if that modal wouldn't just disappear altogether, but minimize to a temporary button, or something...

On a sidenote, who had the great idea to put "my profile", "stats" and "tests" under the "find work" tab? And why did anyone listen to them?

Community Leader
Aleksandr S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
2 of 37

Hi,

sorry to hear you lost a proposal. I was in a similar situation and wrote a message here suggesting to add a draft functionality similar to gmail and other good mail services. But unfortunately my message was deleted.

Ace Contributor
Gyorgy H Member Since: Aug 26, 2016
3 of 37

That doesn't sound very promising :/

Ace Contributor
Vibhor G Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
4 of 37

This happens with me all the time.

Angie C Member Since: Jan 7, 2019
5 of 37

I rewrote a proposal five times this morning for this very reason. I was able to paste the bulk of the document into a text file for re-use (glad I did) but I had to re-enter the milestones every time. Infuriating.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
6 of 37

You don't even necessarily have to click the wrong thing. Sometimes, you get an error message when you submit and then have to start over. You shouldn't have to draft your proposals outside Upwork to avoid typing them multiple times, but for your own sake you may want to start doing that.

Community Leader
Michelle S Member Since: Jun 23, 2017
7 of 37

OMG! Yes!  I noticed this last week when I tried to write a proposal for a fixed-rate job.  I wrote up my proposal and then went to enter the amount for the first milestone.  I either hit enter or clicked just outside the box and the entire proposal closed.  This happened TWICE before I was smart enough to re-write the proposal in Word and then copy/paste into the proposal box.  This is terrible usability. 

8 of 37

I'm glad I'm not the only one... but of course I wish others didn't have the same frustrating experience. May I ask what browser/platform you're using?  I'm on a Mac using High Sierra and though I'm not sure, I think this issue may be even worse using Firefox vs. Chrome.

Community Leader
Michelle S Member Since: Jun 23, 2017
9 of 37

Mac - Mojave - Firefox

10 of 37

Gotcha. I just had a re-do of this very issue a minute ago, so I'm going to use Chrome for a while to see if it makes a difference.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS