cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accidental click made me have to rewrite a proposal

Ace Contributor
Jay A Member Since: Mar 31, 2018
21 of 36

Agreed, though I have seen some issues get resolved based on reporting here, so it's worth a try.

Just throwing out ideas for a simple solution and not entire redesign of the page, just a simple "Are you sure you want to scrap all of your work?" confirmation dialog box would be nice.

Ace Contributor
22 of 36

I am very disappointed that that has not been fixed yet or even properly aknowledged.

This problem, specifically only on the reply to invitation page, and nowhere else do I see it happening, but it is very consistent on the reply to invitation page.

I just spent about 20 minutes carefully crafting my words to a potential client only for the text to all disappear in an instant, ironically all I did was highlight the text to copy it, and the page disappeared.  

Fix this legitimate problem please!  This has been a problem for a long time, I mentioned it over a month ago and got no official response that it would be or is being looked into, instead freelancer time is just being wasted.

So the result in this case is instead of me giving advice to a potential real client, I will likely just decline blankly as I was originally going to do, which is why I was just typing in the page in question in the first place.

Ugh I'm so irate that Upwork has just ignored this and it continues to bite me.

Ace Contributor
Daniel M Member Since: Oct 8, 2015
23 of 36

UX 2019: "we serve you a modern and beautiful website, very 'ajaxy' and built with the latest JS technologies out there, but you can better stick to notepad for being productive".

Ace Contributor
24 of 36

Ok, so instead of a disappearing window they should have notepad automatically pop open for us.

Every web based email that I use automatically saves drafts as you type JIC, and even most of upwork's pages don't just disappear like this page does consistently, infuriatingly.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
25 of 36

Jay and others,

I understand this is a frustrating issue and I have forwarded your comments to the team. Our engineers are aware of it and are working on resolving it.

I have also merged the threads about this topic so we could provide updates in the same place.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
26 of 36

Thank you John, but I'm not asking for a site improvent, I'm asking for the repair of a long-standing time-wasting pitfall trap of a web page interface.

Ace Contributor
27 of 36

A funny thing just happened.  I'm in the process of accepting an offer and starting work on it.  I click on the button "Accept Offer" and the proper window pops up, reminding me of the invitation reply window, somewhat interesting I thought.  So I get a few words into my message and realize I need to look something up before typing the message, so I test the page for similarity to the other, click outside the dialog box and sure enough it exits the message window. 

That's NOT the funny part though.  When I re-click to get back into that message window, my three previously typed words were there already typed in the message field.  That IS interesting.

That would be a decent bandaid if at least it preserved your text in some cache like this similar page evidently is.

Angie C Member Since: Jan 7, 2019
28 of 36
I wish I could give you some confidence that this issue will get fixed (or
that you'll receive much help from these forums... strange levels of snark
seem to emanate from the "gurus") but kudos for raising the concern as many
of us have.
Stojan J Member Since: Mar 7, 2019
29 of 36

It is a horrible experience when I write a proposal for dozens of minutes and then accidentally click a few pixels to the left... and it's all gone... 
No history of typing... no proposal settings... nothing... Start from scratch... Ludacris!
I just leave it as an unanswered invitation.
**bleep** this!

God knows how many times I quit writing it for 2nd time.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Ace Contributor
Matthew M Member Since: May 22, 2013
30 of 36

If this keeps happening to you, why not write it out in a word processor and then copy-paste?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS