cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accidental click made me have to rewrite a proposal

Ace Contributor
Jay A Member Since: Mar 31, 2018
31 of 36

Thank you Matthew, I do prepare my proposals in an external text editor.  But not for every quick message everywhere.  So sometimes the quick message turns into a bit more.  I learned long ago not to trust browsers to not lose my messages, but this is far worse, this isn't the user accidently clicking the back arrrow or a link or refresh, this is just clicking anywhere on 90% of the screen acts as a delete without undo, evidently only on this one page.

Beyond that, if you are commuting around a curve, barely in time see a pothole and barely avoid it most days, then occasionally failing to avoid it, again ruining your wheel, tire, and alignment, that you shouldn't expect the town to eventually fix that pothole after multiple people are victims of it? 

Then of course some smartypants standing on the curb is saying "why didn't you just steer around it?".  Yes I know I should avoid all potholes and should compose every browser message ever in a separate program.  Here's to fixing the potholes.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
32 of 36

Hi Stojan,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share this with the team.

In the mean time I can suggest to open a job/proposal in a new window, this way if you click on the left or right side the window will not be closed. Thank you.

Untitled
Melisa N Member Since: Jan 13, 2016
33 of 36

On the accept interview screen, when clicking on the gray sidebar on the right side it completely closes the proposal window and deletes all the content & milestones I had typed.

The area looks like it's a part of the screen and doesn't look like it would cause the screen to close. Please see attachment.

Please fix this as it is extremely frustrating and has caused me to have to re-write my proposal MANY times.

Thanks,
Melisa

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
34 of 36

Hi Melisa,

I've merged your post with this thread where the issue was brought up as we are collecting feedbacks and sharing those with the team.  

We'll keep this thread updated with any new information.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Stojan J Member Since: Mar 7, 2019
35 of 36
Thanks.
Yes, that is the exact same issue.
It wouldn't be a problem if there is a prompt about leaving page or losing
data.
Community Leader
Michelle S Member Since: Jun 23, 2017
36 of 36

Please, please, PLEASE!!! Fix this problem.  I don't fill out proposals often and today I had one that had multiple questions.  After the filling out the proposal, I tried to edit the bid price.  And lost everything.  Is it my responsibility as a user to remember that this is an issue?  NO!!!  This is such a terrible user experience for freelancers.  I did this twice on the same proposal.  So now I'm back to filling it out a third time.  This time I will write everything in another document, but I shouldn't have to.  What a waste of time this morning!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS