🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » account flagged for VPN
Page options
90274e75
Community Member

account flagged for VPN

I  was using vpn when I login and now I think my account is restricted as I am unable to track time and not being able to see any jobs or contracts

8 REPLIES 8
df602768
Community Member

Hi Md,

Well, do not use a VPN, then.

Upwork thinks that you are trying to scam them by falsely representing who you are.

I am sure that someone from Upwork support will be here with you soon to solve your issue.

yes, I was unaware and I will have to take care in future

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad H wrote:

yes, I was unaware and I will have to take care in future

Muhammad, please ignore the ignorant nonsense above.

Your issue does NOT sound like your account has been flagged, it sounds like a browser problem, and you are ABSOLUTELY allowed to use a VPN.

If Upwork wanted to check your VPN use, they would contact you.

petra_r
Community Member

Konstantinos A wrote:

Well, do not use a VPN, then

Please stop with all the wrong answers! Upwork knows that many people have to use a VPN and that is NEVER a reason for a suspension. 

Konstantinos A wrote:

Upwork thinks that you are trying to scam them by falsely representing who you are.

Absolutely not. 

90274e75
Community Member

My Account was not suspended, it was just that I was unable to track time or see any jobs using platform. but interestingly I connected to another internet provider and now it is working fine. can you please tell me what caused the issue so I can prevent that in future.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

You may use a VPN to connect to the Upwork site. However, if there are inconsistencies with your IP location, your account may be flagged to prevent unauthorized access to your account. I checked your account and there are no limitations or account holds. Are you having issues with the Upwork Desktop App or the platform? Could you please send me more information along with the screenshots so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksander,
Thank you so much for reaching out to me. Interestingly now it is working correctly as I changed my internet provider, I used VPN on the previous internet provider. now I am curious what would cause the trouble. I even now able to run it correctly with my old internet provider as well. maybe it's something related to browser, not sure. 

Hi Muhammad,

It's possible to be due to the browser and the cache and cookies. If it happens again, you can come back here and let us know so that we can check right away.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths