🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: account hold
Page options
evanikol
Community Member

account hold

Hello, I am a new member, I opened my account 2 days ago. Today, I visited the My Stats page and found out that there has been 1 recent account hold. Could you, please, let me know what is the problem and what I can do to fix it? Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
lysis10
Community Member

How do you not know when they contact you to fix/resolve the issue before your account is resumed? So you must have had some kind of interaction with them.

evanikol
Community Member

I am sorry, I don't understand what you are saying. Who are they? Again, I am new here, maybe I don't know things. I just saw the "1" next to "Account holds", I didn't even know what that means, I looked it up and saw that it's not good. So, I sent a question. What you are saying makes no sense to me. Could you, please, be more clear? Thank you.

lysis10
Community Member

Your account has been active since 2015. How are you new here? They contact you when you get an account hold, because you need to fix whatever issue you've been flagged for.

Did you acquire this account from a third party?

evanikol
Community Member

Well, I wasn't contacted. I saw the account hold by accident, as I mentioned. I opened the account in 2015, as you said, but I never used it. I just opened it, I didn't even know it was active after all this time. Some days ago, I decided to open an Upwork account, but then I remembered I had already used my email to open an account in the past, so I used it and I applied again. Then, I got an email that my application was accepted and that I could now start using Upwork. That's the whole story. No third parties, just me. Is there a way to resolve this? Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Eva.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your account status.

~ Bojan
Upwork
evanikol
Community Member

Thank you, Bojan!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths