🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » account ownership vrification
Page options
ravinderjeet_cs
Community Member

account ownership vrification

My question is regarding account ownership process. when I was requested to veryfy my account ownership, help support also asked me to send screenshot of (**Edited for community guidelines**) and I did that. my accont was approved but I was wondering that why they asked for it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
versailles
Community Member

Ravinderjeet S wrote:

My question is regarding account ownership process. when I was requested to veryfy my account ownership, help support also asked me to send screenshot of (**Edited for community guidelines**) and I did that. my accont was approved but I was wondering that why they asked for it.

Thank you for the IPV6 test link.

Upwork randomly verifies accounts. It may, and will, happen again. This is because some idiots are selling their accounts.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
versailles
Community Member

Ravinderjeet S wrote:

Thank you for the IPV6 test link.

Upwork randomly verifies accounts. It may, and will, happen again. This is because some idiots are selling their accounts.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
prestonhunter
Community Member

You were wondering why they asked you to do this?

They ask everybody to do this.

So that they can better ensure a quality platform for clients. Clients don't like it when freelancers have fake information or identities. So Upwork wants to do as much as possible to make sure that freelancers are who they say they are.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths