🐈
» Forums » Support » account suspend
Page options
yatchvi
Community Member

Account suspended

My account has been suspended, I just made my account few weeks ago, I was inactive for a while. But today, I checked the account and boom, it has been suspended. Please let me know what is the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

917 REPLIES 917

I have reached out to them concerning the suspension of my account but my account is still suspended….

Hi Ifemayowa,

Please allow some time for our team to review your reply and they will update you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
1f405438
Community Member

Okay thanks , is my the restriction on my account going to be lifted? I have worked so hard in building this account , I really want to get back on upwork again..

I got a message that my account has been suspended, what do I do?
I have active contracts ….. it really took me took me time to build this account , please help me…..
1f405438
Community Member

Hello, I’m saying this here again because my account is still suspended and I really need help… I have active contracts and I followed the instructions upwork Support sent to my email but I haven’t gotten any reply yet…. Please help me …

Hi Ifemayowa,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
1f405438
Community Member

I really hope this is sorted on time , my clients are asking why they can’t hire me or send an offer to me🥺 please help me
mustafahayat17
Community Member

My account is suspended, But I didn't get any notification or email. what shuld I do?

Hi Mustafa,

I see that you already created a support ticket regarding your account. I'll follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
8608fcaf
Community Member

My account was recently suspended due to a client I met on Facebook that paid me through upwork since we've never worked together and I felt upwork would be a great mediator in the project.
I was emailed by one support team but on replying, the request has not been answered and today morning another email from a different agent on account hold reaches me. What's going on upwork? This is really inconveniencing me could you address the issue please?
Anyone?

Hi Michael,

I checked your account, and I can see that one of our agents reached out to you already about your account status. You can check the ticket by going here. The same message was also sent to the email address associated with your Upwork account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
muhammad1430
Community Member

Muhammad **Edited for Community Guidelines** here,

I submitted verification Document can you please review that documents. Can i know why My account Holding. If I do some irregular activity so tell me next i will be conscious about that activity its help me in future to run my account safely.

It's been 21 hours when i got this notification I replied on my ticket and still setting in front my table and waiting for your resonse.

Please help me guys. I'm so sorry for next time  I always ask to create milestone first and then start work with any client.please. It's my humble request to you guys.

Please help me, There is no reply on my ticket from the last 19 hours. Please help me, There is no way I can go expact freelaning. Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards

Hi Muhammad,

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello
Thanks for your response,
Sir , I want to know what irregular activity i do on my accounts on
holding. Can i know the issue. I already submitted documents like Id card
and electric bill(utility bill).If you ask me i can send you you can
review also. Because 22 hour passed, I didn't get any response to my upwork.
Best regards

Hi Muhammad,

Please note that the team replies to the tickets in the order they were received and in some cases, it can take more than 48 hours to receive an update. The team will continue assisting you on your ticket and in case you have any questions, feel free to post them there directly.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello

Thanks for your response,
Sir , I want to know what irregular activity i do on my accounts on holding. Can i know the issue.  I already submitted documents like Id card and electric bill(utility bill).If you ask me i can send you you can  review also. Because 22 hour passed, I didn't get any response to my upwork.
Best regards
2f539a9a
Community Member

Hi I am facing this issue on my Upwork account 

Some of your services are temporarily on hold
We would love to get you up and running again on Upwork. But first, we need you to take a few minutes to verify your identity. Click “Get Started” below to begin or “Learn More” for details. Thank you! GET STARTED or LEARN MORE

Hello Asad,

Thank you for your message.

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. Please note that you will need to complete ID Verification on your account using the GET STARTED button and reply to the notification sent to you via a support ticket here. You can also view and respond to the support ticket via your registered email address. Please search the Upwork support ticket using the subject line, 'Action Required! Temporary account suspension' on your registered email address. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
eb6803f0
Community Member

Hi, 

My Upwork account got permanently suspended. I tried to contact Upwork support as well but they mentioned that it will be never re-activated again. 

Is it possible to close this suspended account completely and open a new one? or Is my Upwork career over and need to search for other freelancing tools? 

Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Thanks. 
Dipendra 

Hi Dipendra,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
98ff17fc
Community Member

when Upwork suspends my account and I go to customer support. then they send me this mail.

**Edited for community guidelines**

now. I am thinking why does Upwork do this.

Hi Jony,

~ Joanne
Upwork
98ff17fc
Community Member

Yes, Iwant Help
98ff17fc
Community Member

PLEASE USE MY TICKET AND HELP ME

Hi Jony,

Please allow more time for the team to carefully review your case and follow up on your ticket. You'll be notified of their response!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
katyyhany
Community Member

hi

i have a problem were my account hame been suspended and i cant submet at any job

please i nead a help

Katy H wrote:

hi

i have a problem were my account hame been suspended and i cant submet at any job

please i nead a help

Why was it suspended? If it is a resolvable issue, you need to go through that first. 

Hi Katy,

I'm sorry to hear about your account. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
06b5b12f
Community Member

I had an old account that I wanted to be deleted, created a new one to submit the question but this new account got suspended. How do I solve this?

More so, I have a problem with my password, can I reset it via some link? Thank you.

Amina O wrote:

I had an old account that I wanted to be deleted, created a new one to submit the question but this new account got suspended. How do I solve this?

More so, I have a problem with my password, can I reset it via some link? Thank you.

If Upwork reinstates your first account, you should read all the help pages and Upwork's terms of service before applying for jobs. 

Hi Amina,

As shared previously, the team already reached out to you via email on September 14th. I suggest checking that email out and replying so they can continue assisting you with your accounts.

To update your password (or security question), you can follow the instructions here.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
c7408967
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community ,
I am in serious issue .
I just made a project Catalog In fiverr ,
The Title was **Edited for Community Guidelines**
And In the images i just took a screenshot from My recent Project that was about Data Entry and I took screenshots from a csv file where there were plenty of numbers of Email addresses That I found in data Entry ,
I just uploaded those Screenshots .
And Today I received An email That
That your Project violates our Terms of Service because it includes identifying information of another person.
Actually i didn't knew About It And Now Upwork Suspended my Account And Made Restrictions that I can't start any contract Nor I can submit Proposals ,
I also Replied to them But didn't Received Any Response till Now ,
Kindly Upwork Community support Team Help me With this and Remove all the restrictions .
I will Never Do this Again.
Thanks
Regards ,
Aabideen

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Aabideen,

Please allow more time for the team to carefully review your case and follow up directly on your support ticket. Note that the team replies to the tickets in the order they were received and in some cases, it can take more than 48 hours to receive an update. Once they reply, you'll be notified about it automatically!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
abidashuja
Community Member

Hello,

In My profile the button "Submit A Proposal" is not active.

What do i need do?

Best Regards,

Abida Shuja

Hi Abida,

I see the team already reached out to you via this support ticket with more information regarding your account. Please refer to the ticket and start the requested verification in order to remove the temporary hold on your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
abidashuja
Community Member

Hello,

How would i solve the issue of ID verification several times i verify my account but the link of verifcation is incorrect. Help me

Regards,

Abida **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Abida,

I'm sorry about that. The team sent you a new support ticket with the correct link.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
abidashuja
Community Member

Hello, 

My account is suspended how would i recover it.

Kind Regards

Hi Abida,

As shared previously with you, the team already sent you this support ticket regarding the verification. If you have any questions, please post them there directly so the team can continue assisting you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
035bbc7e
Community Member

I requested for a new registration, however i got a shocking message  that my account has been suspended due to policy violation! The policy violation was marked due to profile includes plagiarized content. 

To the best of my knowledge, I have never violated upwork plagiarized policy.

I have sent multiple emails by there is no reply from Upwork.

The latest mail sent was as below:

"Hello Support Team / Froi,

Thank you for your email and sharing your concern about plagiarized content.

This is surprising to me as the content of the profile is genuine and stands true for me.

If you want to verify my profile, let me know if you need any supporting documents. You can also verify with my previous employer. 

I have a client who is willing to hire me and I proposed one of the most trusted platforms Upwork so that the sanity in the business will always be there.

Kindly suggest the next step so that my profile complies with Upwork's terms of services as I also do not want any non-compliance with Upwork T&Cs."
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths