🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » account suspension
Page options
3e92df1c
Community Member

account suspension

Hi

every account on upwork i make it gets suspended , can I ask why? even though my profile is approved and still it gets suspended. 

Please help me before this id also gets suspend

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ramish,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket and further assist you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

68 REPLIES 68
lysis10
Community Member

Ramish P wrote:

Hi

every account on upwork i make it gets suspended , can I ask why? even though my profile is approved and still it gets suspended. 

Please help me before this id also gets suspend

You're only allowed one account, so every subsequent account gets kill switched.

3e92df1c
Community Member

Please help me delete all the other accounts

lysis10
Community Member

Ramish P wrote:

Please help me delete all the other accounts

Well, from what you're telling us, it seems Upwork has done that for you already.

3e92df1c
Community Member

Are you sure this account will not get suspended

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ramish,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket and further assist you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
3e92df1c
Community Member

Thankyou 

3e92df1c
Community Member

When will your agent reach me?

a_zhiman
Community Member

Hi, I am Andrian and my account was suddenly suspended.

Before suspending message, there was a financial transaction limit error,

how can I figure out that problem.

Also I need your help.

Hi Adrian,

I checked, and I can see that our team has already reached out to you regarding the status of your account. Please refer to the information that was shared with you, and kindly reply to the ticket so the team can assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

My account has been blocked and it when I'm just getting started with freelancing with upwork. Reason being that I had another account and it was blocked. The other account was created without my consent by a friend. I have never used that account. This is my first account and you even check my proposals are less than a month old. I believe this is a mistake. This is the correct account that belongs to me. The little money that I was starting to earn was for my school fees and upkeep but the account is suspended. Please help me. If it is possible the other account is active or still exists please delete it from your systems and do me a favour of reinstating my account. This is the only source of income that I depend on during this difficult times of covid-19. Thank you in advance

Hi Joel,

I can see you were able to reply to your support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
44e82f11
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same problem.

My account was suspended, I replied to the email Upwork sent me but it does not work.

I did the same thing for the other account as well.

Please assist me to uphold it step by step my account as my job with one of the writers started already and I am in a rush.

Regards,

Azadeh

Hi Azad,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team. Kindly follow up on your open ticket in order to remove the temporary hold on your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. I followed that ticket. but the issue is not
resolved.
I appreciate it if you do that for me.
I do know why my account is on hold and what I did.
I need my job done and I have already paid for part of it.
Actually I am in a rush.

Regards,
Azadeh

Hi Azad,

Thanks for following up. I already followed up with the team handling your case so you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

The same thing happen to me

Please help me. I recently created a new account. Then after it's created, it has been suspended and I dont even know why.

Hi Engr. James, 

I checked your account and it looks like our team reached out to you about the status of your account. Please check the ticket by going here. Please reply to the ticket and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Please. May I know the specifics of why my account was suspended? What is
the reason why did you say that the details I provided are incorrect?

Hello Engr. James, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork

Thank you. I will wait for your reply.

d4e82af3
Community Member

Hello,

I have an account as Freelancer and I have an account as a Client so shouldn't I be able to have multiple accounts?

Thanks!

Gene Jones

Hi Gene,

I checked your account and it looks like you already have an open ticket regarding your account status. You may access the ticket here

As for your concern with having a freelancer and client account, please know that you can be a freelancer, agency, and client on Upwork. You will use the same account to log in to Upwork but will have separate user profiles. You will be able to easily switch between them as needed. You can learn more about it here

~ Joanne
Upwork
837df803
Community Member

Hi Bojan, 

I can't find my post re: SMS Authentication issues. Still, no one reached out to me since April 2. I sent you a message about it, but I do not have any reply from CS. Thanks!

Hi Lynn,

I checked and it looks like you were able to log into your account. Could you please confirm if you are still experiencing issues with authentication? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
837df803
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thanks for your reply. Still, no one contacting me yet since April 2. I've sent updated info on my ATM card number (as I've mistakenly sent the wrong one, instead of the first 6 digits, I've sent the last 4 numbers). I've sent a screenshot of it as well. Thank you!

https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/34555949

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for following up. I checked and it looks like your case has already been escalated to the appropriate team. Please allow them time to review and update you directly on your open ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I would like to ask for help on behalf of my friend whose account has been suspended yesterday due to multiple accounts, I guess. His Upwork account has the following details **Edited for Community Guidelines**He tried to report himself but he didn't receive any emails from Upwork to reply to. Best Regards, karim

Hi Karim,

I'm afraid that we won't be able to share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. If your friend contacted our Customer Support team, you can rest assured they will be following up. Note that support requests are attended to in the order they are received, so if your friend still has not received an answer, kindly advise him to allow more time for the team to get back to him. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,

Thanks for replying.

He would like to ask Upwork team himslef but he can't open his suspended account. How can he contact Customer Support team without logging in to his Upwork account?

Thanks,

Hi Karim,

Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help?

You can direct them to Upwork's social media profiles below. 

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks for replying.

62c773db
Community Member

Dear communuty manager. 

If for some reason my client's account is suspended after I receive an order, will I receive my payment on time? And whether my account will have any problems due to my client's account suspension. ?

Thank You.

Aysha.

8b5242fe
Community Member

Hi,

my account is suspended and upwork team contacted me to vertify my id and it should take 24 hours but it last 4 days and I didnot hear from them, my account is suspended for a week until now and i want to restore it to start working, and it toooook much time and no one is replying and tell me what should i do!!!

Can you helo me??? 

i will delete this account after suspension.

Hi Mariem,

Can you please click on my name and send me a private message with the email address associated with your account? I'll be happy to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cora_ann-pryor
Community Member

Please I was off Upwork after creating the account because someone hacked into the account after my phone was stolen, I was able to appeal and get the account back, only to see that it has been suspended. Please help! Thanks

Hi Tosin,

Our team reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your account. You can access your tickets on this on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

How do I contact your customer support?
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Anna,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members