🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » account suspension
Page options
3e92df1c
Community Member

account suspension

Hi

every account on upwork i make it gets suspended , can I ask why? even though my profile is approved and still it gets suspended. 

Please help me before this id also gets suspend

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ramish,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket and further assist you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

68 REPLIES 68

Could you please help me out with the same issue. My account suspended, but I do not have any clue what is going on

Hi Jasurbek,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, 
Could I please get a support as well since my account has been suspended too. It happened right after my Id- veryfication. I wrote a long email describing my appeal but unfortunately with no result.
Thanks in advance.
Kindly,
Ivelin

Hi Ivelin,

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
joy_villas
Community Member

Hello,

My account is suspended. Please help. 

Thank you.

Hi Joy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
ridi15
Community Member

Hi,
My financial account has been suspended.

I followed that ticket is given to me but the issue is not
resolved.
I appreciate it if you do that for me.
I do know why my account is on hold and what I did.
I need my job done. My client is waiting for my submission.

Please resolve my problem urgently

Regards,
Humayara

ismail-tunde
Community Member

Please my account was suspended hours ago.

I responded to the ticket but no reply yet.

Help me check it out.

Thanks

Hi Ismail,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like all limitations are removed from your account now. Could you please let us know if you need further assistance? You can find additional information on your ticket here

~ Nikola
Upwork
0bba9afe
Community Member

Hi Nikola , I had my account suspended while updating my profile. i had to use another account to chat you up, besides I keep  "my account has been suspended" while trying to login. the blocked account is olamide oladogba

0bba9afe
Community Member

I had my account suspended while updating my profile. I had to use another account to chat you up, besides I keep seeing  "my account has been suspended" while trying to log in. the blocked account is olamide oladogba

Hi Olamide,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your message and assist you accordingly.

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
0bba9afe
Community Member

i have done that

54337d74
Community Member

Hi Nikola, Helping a friend send this because she can't seem to be able to send messages in community. Her account was suspended while trying to add a new payment method. She has reached out to support but it's been two days now and no response. 

kindly help https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/35448968

Hi Naimah, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I will share your report with our team and they will assist your friend as soon as possible. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
alabajames
Community Member

Hello team, I recently (On June 11, 2022) received an email from Upwork on one of my email addresses, notifying me of not logging into an account for a long time.

Perhaps, I'd inadvertently opened an account in the past, using the said email, or perhaps someone used it to open an account without my consent.  I can't recall anymore.

Kindly, be informed that I do not operate any other account outside this.  How would I contact the Upwork customer team to ask that the said account be deactivated and closed?  

Here's a part of the body of the email. 

No longer interested in our offerings? No worries, no action is required on your end. Please contact us with any questions or concerns."

Hi James, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the question mark icon that shows at the bottom right corner of this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

~Andrea
Upwork
amoresreinolfo
Community Member

Hi, my account got suspended for no reason? I don't know why? Please let me know why I don't have any problem yesterday when I logged in today suddenly this message appeared on the top profile "Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support." Please let me know what to do to fix this problem, I have an ongoing contract at the moment I hope this does not affect the project. Thanks

Hi Amores,

It looks like our team has already reached out to you via support ticket regarding this. Please refer to their update here.

~Andrea
Upwork
62c773db
Community Member

Dear communuty manager. 

If for some reason my client's account is suspended after I receive an order, will I receive my payment on time? And whether my account will have any problems due to my client's account suspension. ?

Thank You.

Aysha

Hi Aysha,

I have checked your account and I can see one active contract. Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more information about the client you're referring to? You can provide the job post along with your proposal so that we can take a closer look.

For the time being. Please note that there are two reasons why your contract may be paused:

• Your client has decided to pause your Hourly Contract: If no work needs to be done at the moment, clients can temporarily and immediately pause a contract. This prevents hours from being logged on the contract, without the need to end it, until you are ready to proceed with the next part of the project. 
  • There is a problem with your client’s Upwork account: In this case, your contracts with them will be paused automatically and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns.

You can check out this help article to learn some tips on what you can do if your contract is paused.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f7e59a23
Community Member

Hi Bill here. I'm new at Upworks as a Client wanting to get some work done. The problem is, I have been suspended even before I posted the first job. I've been through the ID verification (difficult and clunky) and now I don't know if I am waiting for a reply or if the input has been lost. No receipt of appeal.
I've noted that the last post in this topic is over two years old. That means to me that this is a dead end process and those who post here have gone away due to no feedback.

Hi William,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. They updated your ticket yesterday and are awaiting your response. If you wish to update the team with new information, I highly suggest that you post it on the ticket thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello,

I take it that this is the ticket thread?

It seems I am posting emails and messages all over the place to get this issue resolved.

I’m just waiting as required to get the explanation why I’ve been suspended and news that I can go ahead and work on my stuff.

Best Regards,
William O’Brien

Ps. In Australia. Not Russia.
bc2e1268
Community Member

I was trying to login into my account and I got this message "Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support."

Please help me get my account back. 

Hi Sheriffdeen,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that the team has already notified you via a support ticket about the same. You can access your support tickets here . Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ced3eba2
Community Member

Could you please help me out with the same issue? My account was suspended, but I do not have any clue what is going on and I did not receive any email about the suspension. 

Hi Neil Arnold,

I'm sorry to hear that you got caught off guard by the suspension of your account. I can see that you've reached out and raised a ticket about your concern. I've submitted a follow-up to the team and one of the members will be assisting you on the same ticket here momentarily. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
agboladesamuel3
Community Member

Hello, my Upwork account is suspended. Please, unsuspend my account real quick. Thanks in advance

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths