🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » account suspension
Page options
jo-wilkinson
Community Member

account suspension

Hi there, my account has been suspended as I haven't been accepted for any proposals yet, despite applying for quite a few. This is unfair, can my account be reactivated again so I can continue to apply?
Thanks
Jo

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jo,

I just checked your account but was not able to view any holds/suspensions on your account. Could you please share more details with via PM (click on my name)? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there

It said:

Resume earning to reset your profile
Hi Jo,
We noticed you have not been working through Upwork lately.
To improve clients' search results, and show them more freelancers who are available, we have changed your profile to "private" until you are ready to start taking on new jobs. Your profile will not be seen by clients unless you submit proposals for their jobs.
It will automatically become public again when you resume earning through Upwork. You can also contact Upwork Support for help.

I was obviously trying to earn so this seems really unfair!

And was making me pay £14.99 to resume working again.

I’m trying very hard on this site it just doesn’t seem to be getting anywhere.

Thanks
Jo

Hi Jo,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private. Thanks!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Well, this is supposed to have gone down in history since you have to buy the connects.
Or has Upwork activated this again?

Okay, new freelancers have 90 days to get a job before their profile becomes private.
Those already established, 2 years without earnings.

Yes it wanted to charge me 14.99 to reactivate! seems really unfair when I've been applying for many posts but just not heard anything back from any of them.

Jo W wrote:

Yes it wanted to charge me 14.99 to reactivate! seems really unfair when I've been applying for many posts but just not heard anything back from any of them.

Take comfort in thinking that it was only a month before!

Just write to CS and they will reactivate your account.
Forget about having to pay for it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths