Page options
vusal0110
Community Member

acoount

i cant take work. why?

3 REPLIES 3
NikolaS

Hi Vusal,

Thanks for reaching out! I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles
to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

~ Nikola
Upwork
m_terrazas
Community Member

Vusal A wrote:

i cant take work. why?

In addition to the links that Nikola has shared, you should check the grammar, extend the presentation a bit with what you can do to help the client and add a portfolio.
You say you have years of experience in various skills, so I guess you have more to show. If you can't show it, create something to add to your portfolio. It doesn't have to be a real job.

TiffanyF
Staff
Staff

Hi Vusal,

Welcome to Upwork!

Thanks for your message. I'm Upwork Success Partner and an independent professional on Upwork for more than 6 years, and I'll be happy to share a few tips on how you can improve the marketability of your profile:

1. I noticed your profile isn't complete and I encourage you to have a 100% complete profile. Here are a few tips that might help you achieve this:

• Add additional skill tags. At this time you only have 9 skill tags and are allowed up to 10! Having the right skill tags might help you show up in relevant search results
  • Add relevant details to help clients understand your background. For employment, Some types of information you could include in your details are your duties, if you worked independently or with a team, and any major accomplishments.
  • Add portfolio items. Right now you have a lot of your work samples combined into one portfolio item.  This is not recommended.  Break out different skills or things you wish to showcase into different portfolio items.  This way you can attach your samples and talk about the problem you solved, how you helped the client, or the value you bring to projects. 

2. Take the Upwork Readiness Test. Passing the test is required to be eligible for the Rising Talent program. If you need additional background before taking the test, read this help article.

3. A few additional tips that might help you extra polish your profile:

• Your profile overview is short compared to the average and therefore it is difficult to understand what are your key skills and services and how you can help clients achieve their goals. Help them understand your abilities better by listing information about your skills and experience in an original and creative way.  For example, expand on who you are, the services you offer, and what you’re most passionate about. Here are some additional tips for writing a great Overview
  • Since you are new to Upwork, I suggest that you request and post testimonials from your previous work experience/clients to showcase your skills and abilities to attract attention to your profile.  It is a great way to vouch for your background and shows clients that you are reliable and experienced
  • Do you have any professional certifications that would help you stand out to clients? Add them under the Certifications section of your profile.

I encourage you to visit the Upwork Events page for past and upcoming educational events. It might help you learn more about how to get started and be successful on Upwork.

As for your question on how to write proposals, you might want to listen to the Proposals That Sell recorded webinar that might help you understand how to write custom-tailored proposals and grab the client's attention.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Tiffany F. | Upwork Success Partner

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members