Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation of bank accounts

leofabros
Sphencer P Member Since: Jun 30, 2017
1 of 3

Hi,

Good Day,

With regards to my bank account, ive done survey from my friends who is a freelancer at Upwork, they say that with in 3 days their bank accounts had been activated. Wht is it that my accounts are not yet activated since last tuesday ive entered my Personal Bank account and yet it is inactivate?

Thank you

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 3

@Sphencer P wrote:

Hi,

Good Day,

With regards to my bank account, ive done survey from my friends who is a freelancer at Upwork, they say that with in 3 days their bank accounts had been activated. Wht is it that my accounts are not yet activated since last tuesday ive entered my Personal Bank account and yet it is inactivate

Does the bank account name match your Upwork name exactly?

Have you completed your tax info?

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 3

Hi Sphencer, 

Please make sure to fill in your tax information by going to your Settings > Tax Information. Fill in the W-8BEN to

to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. This is for record-keeping purposes only, and is required for all non-U.S. taxpayers paid on Upwork. Once you file your Form W-8BEN, the system will activate your eligibility to access your funds immediately.

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS