cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

active candidacy

Alvard A Member Since: Apr 20, 2016
1 of 7

hi , i have one active candidacy , and the client gave me the requirements of the job , and i started to do the job , but there is no news of the client and he do not hire me , what can i do , what is right ????

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 7

Never start work until you have a contract/offer in place. Active candidacy just means they messaged you.

3 of 7

thanks a lot 

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
4 of 7

And never start work until or unless escrow is funded either for the entire job or for each milestone as them come up AND the funds in escrow are verified.

And of course, if you're not officially hired through this site, do not start work. Don't rely on a clients word of mouth saying "you're hired"

Look over any requirements, and let the client know the scope of your work, your terms, time of completion, and any other important information that should be in your contract.

When you're hired, and escrow is funded and verified, then,,,,, start work.

5 of 7

thanks a lot, but nobody hires me , what can i do ??? Is it imposible to find job here???

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
6 of 7

@Alvard A wrote:

thanks a lot, but nobody hires me , what can i do ??? Is it imposible to find job here???

Alvard, for a start remove all the "below average" scores from your test results. Even though you have passed them, all a client will look at is the "below average" orange bar.

Although it costs money, I would follow another freelancer's oft-stated advice and get duolingo certifications for your language skills. This is because there is so much cheating on the Upwork tests that if you look at your competition, you will find that many (far too many) Russian to English tests, for example, are rated 100% after five minutes (sometimes less). It is to your credit that you took those tests in good faith, but this is not something an average client is going to know about. So duolingo is an investment worth thinking about.

7 of 7

THANK U , I WILL FOLLOW YOUR ADVICE 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS