🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » active proposals / removed from site but stil...
Page options
dftech22
Community Member

active proposals / removed from site but still showing?

I have received a message from a client saying they would like to discuss hiring me and the proposal now shows in active proposals but when i try to click on anything it says it has been removed from the site? please advise

2 REPLIES 2
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Daniel F wrote:

I have received a message from a client saying they would like to discuss hiring me and the proposal now shows in active proposals but when i try to click on anything it says it has been removed from the site? please advise

If it was removed from the site, then it was a scam, not a real job. Be very careful about who you talk to and don't give your bank account information or personal details to anyone. Also, all projects must be contracted and paid through Upwork, no matter what a client might tell you. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel, 

Christine is correct. It's very likely that the job post was removed because of a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. I highly recommend that you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths