🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » add correct paypal gmail account to another u...
Page options
waelthepro
Community Member

add correct paypal gmail account to another upwork account

Spoiler
Two upwork accounts:
- one is active (not correct paypal gmail account).
- but the another account under upwork review have the correct paypal account. 

can i use the paypal gmail account with the active one ?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wael,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. Close one of your accounts in order not to violate Upwork's ToS.

Just to clarify, a freelancer won't be able to add a PayPal account as a payment method if PayPal email is different from the email registered with the Upwork account. It's possible, however, to add a PayPal account if one of the emails registered with it matches the email registered with Upwork account. You can either add your current Upwork email address to your PayPal account or change your Upwork email address. Your Upwork and PayPal accounts have to use the same email addresses.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Wael M wrote:
Spoiler
Two upwork accounts:
- one is active (not correct paypal gmail account).
- but the another account under upwork review have the correct paypal account. 

can i use the paypal gmail account with the active one ?

You can not have 2 Upwork accounts. Not ever.  It is a serious terms of service violation, which will result in both accounts being suspended

> when i create my first upwork account (with normal gmail since i have many accounts) but when i want to setup get paid. suddenly the gmail was not my paypal account

> then i create new account with the correct paypal gmail account but its right now under upwork review

thats my problem

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wael,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. Close one of your accounts in order not to violate Upwork's ToS.

Just to clarify, a freelancer won't be able to add a PayPal account as a payment method if PayPal email is different from the email registered with the Upwork account. It's possible, however, to add a PayPal account if one of the emails registered with it matches the email registered with Upwork account. You can either add your current Upwork email address to your PayPal account or change your Upwork email address. Your Upwork and PayPal accounts have to use the same email addresses.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
faisalahmed67
Community Member

You can never ever have two accounts! So, when you have just one active account contact support with details. They might allow you to add your valid/working PayPal email.

i try to connect the support just there are a Robot system for that !!! how can chat or send message to a human support team....  thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths