🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: added manual time in wrong contract.
Page options
harun_mridul
Community Member

added manual time in wrong contract.

I added manual time in wrong contract last week. I noticed while client inform me. I tried to delete now, but I see it's locked. How do I delete them.

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Solaiman H wrote:

I tried to delete now, but I see it's locked. How do I delete them.

You can't delete them. You can only refund them

JoanneP

Hi Solaiman,

If you mistakenly added manual time to the wrong contract, please inform both clients about it. On the incorrect contract, the client has the option not to approve the manual time added. If it was already invoiced to them, you may issue a refund to the client. As for the correct contract, please inform your client about what happened, and let them know that you will be adding the hours for the current week, or they can also choose to send you a bonus for the hours you worked. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Joanne Marie P wrote:

On the incorrect contract, the client has the option not to approve the manual time added.

No. There is no such "option" and there is no such thing as "approving" any already added time, manual or otherwise. The only option from the clients side would involve a dispute. Which would obviously a bad idea. 

Joanne Marie P wrote:

If it was already invoiced to them 

Last week's hours have aready been invoiced yesterday.

The freelancer should refund the wrongly charged hours, ideally before the client is forced to dispute.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths