🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » after the contract end he asks me to refund, ...
Page options
mohammedalii
Community Member

after the contract end he asks me to refund, what should I do?

Hi, there is a client with unclear requirements and I did all that ask all and after the contract end he asks me to refund, what should I do?

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Mohamed O wrote:

Hi, there is a client with unclear requirements and I did all that ask all and after the contract end he asks me to refund, what should I do?

What reason has the client given?

How much money is involved?

Basically, if you have done te work perfectly, you should get paid, but for small amounts it may not be worth the time and hassle of a dispute.

Only you can decide.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

If you did the work as originally agreed, Mohamed, expect and demand to get paid in full.

If the work you did was not fully in line with what was originally agreed, come to an agreement with the client for a refund of an equitable amount.

And next time and from now on make sure you get a clear agreement with each client before a contract is in place what you will and will not provide in order to complete the contract. The best time to deal with - to confirm or adjust - the client's expectations is before you start work for them.

When freelancers do the agreed-upon task, it is inappropriate and immoral for clients to ask for a refund.

Help your client be a good person and do the right thing. Don't give clients a refund when you have done the work and they are simply trying to steal money and time from you.

No matter what, always communicate in a political, professional, calm manner. We can do that even when we say no.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members