🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: agency invitation few clarifications
Page options
rolludesig
Community Member

agency invitation few clarifications

hi all,

i just accepted an offer from US based agency ..now the question is since i am from india can i work on US ONLY jobs under agency?

and can i bid on US only jobs under agency account? i tried but i cant see those jobs...

Rahul

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Rahul V wrote:

hi all,

i just accepted an offer from US based agency ..

Why? When so many clients will not touch an agency freelancer? Why do you want to give away a chunk of the money you earn?

Rahul V wrote:

since i am from india can i work on US ONLY jobs under agency?

No.

Rahul V wrote:

and can i bid on US only jobs under agency account?

No

Why? When so many clients will not touch an agency freelancer? Why do you want to give away a chunk of the money you earn?

sorry didnt get what you mean?

and what if the agency owner bids on US only jobs and give the project if offered?

Rahul V wrote:

sorry didnt get what you mean?

What I mean is that many clients will not touch proposals from agency freelancers, and if you have joined an agency, you now show as an agency freelancer on every proposal you make.

Agencies obviously want to make a profit so when you are hired under an agency you get paid by the agency outside of Upwork (if they feel like it) at whatever rate you agreed with them.

Rahul V wrote:

and what if the agency owner bids on US only jobs and give the project if offered?

The agency owner can not bid on your behalf on US only contracts, only on behalf of US based freelancers.

okay but i have opted to be non exclusive member so my upwork profile will remain independent from the agency as while bidding i can see option to choose.

Rahul V wrote:

okay but i have opted to be non exclusive member so my upwork profile will remain independent from the agency as while bidding i can see option to choose.

You will still appear as an agency freelancer on every proposal you make.

You will still be excluded from USonly jobs because you are not in the US and many clients will not touch you because you show up as an agency freelancer on *ALL* your proposals

but i can leave the agency anytime i wish too?

Rahul V wrote:

but i can leave the agency anytime i wish too?

Sure

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths