cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

all the reasons your application is hidden...

garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
11 of 44

Hi Preston,

I see our team has responded on your Support ticket with clarification on your account. As confirmed by the team, this isn't a result of a bug affecting your applications. Please do follow up with the account appeal as recommended in the Support ticket.

anne_ginger
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
12 of 44

I wonder what it is called if it's not a bug.

Why do freelancers have to contact support just to be informed that this is not a bug but rather a consequence of being reviewed?

Why weren't these members notified of that they were being reviewed in the first place?

Okay, let's not call it a bug...let's call it {insert colorful adjective here} customer service!

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
13 of 44

Garnor,

Thank you for your note. I know you have been working hard to try to help contractors, clients and oDesk programmers get through some of these changes and answer many questions that have arisen.

I believe there have indeed been bugs in the past when Auto-Hiding first went into effect. Hopefully all those genuine bugs are resolved now.

For my own account, an actual software bug preventing job applications from being seen by clients does not appear to be the current issue.

Nevertheless, it was necessary for me (and other contractors) to contact support directly in order to find out that the account was under review. I never received any email or oDesk message or any other type of notification. So whether or not that is a "bug" per se, or a feature that would be really good to implement (i.e., somehow notify people if their account is under review), I'll let others decide.

shahidasaqd
SHAHID I Member Since: Feb 24, 2015
14 of 44

PLease tell me the solution

amitsha
Amit S Member Since: Feb 24, 2015
15 of 44
I am not sure whether my profiles are auto hiding or these are not forwarded by the upwork algorithm to the clients. Please help me figure it out why I am not getting responses from the date Odesk changed to Upwork.

I am applying for many good jobs and not getting any single response. My business is going done and I am free from last 1 month.

My profiles are good, but few of my clients haven't closed their contracts and  I have few bad feedback's too.

I expect Upwork team will solve this problem as soon as possible. 

Afraid what will happen when Elance will be changed to Upwork. Man Sad

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
16 of 44

I think there is going to be a clash coming soon when Elance flips the switch off. They've basically dumped a lot of good providers on the Upwork system, so your competition is much higher. I was in IT and Writing sections, and both those sections had some pretty good sellers. 

I'm gonna watch Spartacus as I bid now.

The funny thing is I am getting totally slammed with Elance invites. I can't even keep up with the requests. I respond to one and 2 more pop up. And, a lot of them are awesome gigs. lol Of course, with my luck in life, this is just par for the course. Elance open -- Jen has to struggle. Elance closes -- eerrrrrybody wants me. Yay life!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
17 of 44

Hi Amit,

Your account is not under review currently. Your applications are delivered to the clients and as long as you apply for jobs within your skill set, do not use generic cover letters and perform well on your active jobs your applications will not be hidden.

~ Valeria
Upwork
arifsaeedd
Arif S Member Since: Aug 27, 2011
18 of 44

I think thats great idea. A wraning would help the person manage and use time in more productiv manner. Instead of losing the connect points, time and effort.

gd90
Community Guru
Gyan D Member Since: Sep 4, 2014
19 of 44

"the types of skills associated with the current job posting does not match well with the types of skills associated with jobs you have completed in the past."

Speaking of which, while checking a recent job posting, I decided to see other open jobs by the client. Turned out, one of them was an identical job i.e. identical title, description and skill tags. On the old job page, the 'Good fit' indicator was displayed, but not on the newer listing. When I checked 30m later, still no indicator. What's going on there?

david_gregory
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
20 of 44

Are they still doing that "good fit" thing. I can honestly say that I have never seen that for any job I've looked at--even for jobs that I've been invited to.

I guess I am getting jobs even though I am not a good fit for them.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS