🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » an intimation / bell sound when new message i...
Page options
fcca14
Community Member

an intimation / bell sound when new message is received

Hello,

When a new message is received no sound is heard,
there is no intimation bell etc.

am I missing on some settings or is there no sound played at Upwork's new message arrival?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ejaz,

Freelancer Basic plan doesn't include free connects so you'll need to purchase them if you'd like to send proposals. You can check the options available to you and learn more about the acceptable billing methods for paying memberships.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ejaz,

If you were referring to set your browser notification for messages, you can do that by going to the Messages and clicking on the settings icon as shown in this screenshot. After that, a popup window will open where you can update the settings. Please note that you might need to allow your browser to display messages or to play sounds.

If you were referring to set the Upwork Desktop App to play sounds on new messages, you can do that by going to Settings > Messages as shown in this screenshot.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you, got it.

one last thing,  when i started Upwork 3 weeks ago I got a free credit of 20 connects. Do we get this every month?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ejaz,

Freelancer Basic plan doesn't include free connects so you'll need to purchase them if you'd like to send proposals. You can check the options available to you and learn more about the acceptable billing methods for paying memberships.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members