Did you mean: 

an offer "reservation"

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Laura A Member Since: Mar 26, 2015
1 of 5

Hello guys, 

thank you for being so helpful so far,

I received an offer from a client who told me that the work will start in 3 weeks, he did that because he wanted to stop receiving application for the job.

In this case does it make sense to "book" me?

Can a client suspend temporarily the open position and the reopen it to invite me to work for him?

I ask this because I would not find my self involved with a new work with different specs and different amount to charge..

THANK YOU

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
2 of 5

@Laura A wrote:

Hello guys, 

thank you for being so helpful so far,

I received an offer from a client who told me that the work will start in 3 weeks, he did that because he wanted to stop receiving application for the job.

In this case does it make sense to "book" me?

Can a client suspend temporarily the open position and the reopen it to invite me to work for him?

I ask this because I would not find my self involved with a new work with different specs and different amount to charge..

THANK YOU

You can suggest he contact you when he is ready to hire, as he can send an invite to start work in 3 weeks.  

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
3 of 5

thank you!

I'll tell him now, meanwhile to stop receiving other applications what should he do?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 5

Hi Laura,

Your client can temporarily make his job posting private. It will stop more freelancers from applying to it. He can even close the job posting and then when he is ready to send you an offer, he will be able to locate all the communication with you and the link to your profile in the Message Center.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
5 of 5

thanks Valeria!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS