cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: applications declined

Highlighted
Shirley Anne A Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
1 of 8

Hi, can somebody answer me why when applied last Sep 9 all my applications was declined?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
2 of 8

Should they all have been accepted? Although award rates very considerably among freelancers, I'd say that on the whole, you're more likely to have your proposal declined than you are to have it accepted. So having a proposal declined isn't really a rarity. 

Or are you saying that it seemed strange that they were all declined on the same day? I guess that's just a case of coincidence. Were there a lot of them?

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 8

I really hate the emails that say "haha you lose." I like to build myself up to that moment and look at the fails at a certain time of day. Now, I get email notification that I'm the loser at random times of the day. It sucks when it's before coffee and lunch too.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 8

What really annoys me is when I get that decline note from Upwork and then they say, "But never mind the right job is out there for you" (or something like that) and then proceed to give me a choice of jobs, which were posted about three months before, with dozens of bids and no awards!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
5 of 8

Yeah, the "But never mind the right job is out there for you" message is like being digitally patted on the head and being told "Awww... there, there. Chin up, everything will be alright."

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 8

LOL So true. "Don't worry, there is something right for you, loser. Chin up cuz that's what we have to say to losers."

Highlighted
Robin E Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
7 of 8

LOVE the Logans Run reference!! lol

Highlighted
Community Guru
Alexandra H Member Since: Jul 30, 2015
8 of 8

I find it irksome to have to have to read that message, but I also have two reasons for liking it:

1) I prefer getting some kind of message telling me that things are actually progressing rather than none at all (because then I can move on)

2) I treat all applications as advertising   

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS