🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » applications
Page options
prolinda
Community Member

applications

I keep losing all the data entered in proposals before completion.  Why is there not a save button so we can leave and resume at a later time and not lose all the copy already entered?  

6 REPLIES 6
kirnazdogan
Community Member

Currently, there is no 'Save Draft' button, but you can use Word or any other writing software if you are continuously losing your written stuff. For example, you can write your proposal by using the default notepad software of your computer, then you can copy and paste it in the proposal field.

Tks. That's what I thought, but couldn't imagine not having that option
provided. As you said, copy/pasting/dragging files frequently deletes the
entered text.
grimesr
Community Member

I think you need to explain how you are doing this. Are you just typing directly into the proposal cover letter area and then clicking on Submit? Are you trying to add attachments (that has messed me up sometimes when I don't drag them in properly)?

My advice, use something like Word to create the proposal. Get it the way you like, then copy/paste it into the upwork proposal cover letter. If there are questions as well, do the same thing. I always save the Word document as I might use some of the words again for another proposal.

prolinda
Community Member

Tks. That's what I've been doing. Just so frustrating to have all that work
wiped out when dragging/copying sites. Why doesn't Upwork offer a "Save"
feature to save us all time and get more proposals? You'd think they'd want
to facilitate the process, not impede it.
grimesr
Community Member

If you are creating the proposal in an external editor, and then have to start the submission over, what are you losing other than a few minutes time?

Also, I now drag the attachments over first so I know they got the "sweet spot" and attached. Then I cut/paste the cover letter. Even if something fails, I have wasted very little time.

From the Upwork point of view, managing a "save" feature is complicated and takes more resources. Also, there is the possibility that freelancers will "save" a lot and never come back to finish.

prolinda
Community Member

Thanks. Good points.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members