cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: apply with no answers

Highlighted
Ola K Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
1 of 16
I'm ola from jordan i have two years of experience in Microsoft office especially excel and word,little bet of html,I have searched many times for home data entry through upwork but unfortunately without any answers.how can I attract anyone to approve my request and hire me?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
2 of 16

@Ola K wrote:
I'm ola from jordan i have two years of experience in Microsoft office especially excel and word,little bet of html,I have searched many times for home data entry through upwork but unfortunately without any answers.how can I attract anyone to approve my request and hire me?

For starters... work on your profile. What is that in your profile picture? Looks like some kind of pills or candy. Remove the picture and replace it with one of you. Clients like seeing our smiling faces - to put a face with a name, proposal, and profile.

Also, I'm pretty sure $94.44/hr is incredibly high for a data entry job. Sure, I could be wrong here, but clients may see that and run the other way because you're too expensive for them. (And I rarely ever tell a freelancer to lower their rate lol).

Your profile is lacking, a lot, in everything.

You claim to have experience using Excel, but you've got a glaring failed Excel test showing on your profile. Retake the tests, don't post ones that you've failed until you do pass them with at least "Above Average" scores.

Your overview doesn't tell the client what you can do for them. They know you're from Jordan, they can see that next to your profile picture. Remove that information and explain to the client what skills you possess that can help save them time. Your overview is where you "sell yourself". Use it wisely. One sentence that includes information already provided to the client elsewhere on your profile isn't enough. Also, "data entry from home" - remove that too. Most clients realize that the freelancers on this site work from home. It's unnecessary to state it. And what the heck do you mean by "I have mobility motors"???

Add more pieces to your portfolio. One isn't enough. Add a minimum of 4-6. If you don't have that many, spend some time to make some to upload. You've got to show clients what you can do. One won't be enough to show that you can consistently produce quality work.

I've never worked in data entry, so this next question may be kind of stupid to some, but..... do people in your field really need to know SEO? If not, then that SEO test is irrelevant to the jobs that you're wanting to get. Take tests relevant to the jobs that you want to apply for on Upwork.

Remove "job seeker" from your title. Make the title catchy. Again, this is a prime spot to "sell yourself" and the words you use in your title can help boost your placement in the search engines.

It appears as though you didn't spend very much time, or put much effort into building your profile. If you don't put effort into your profile, why should a client think you'll put forth any effort on their job? Also, you may want to consider how you're writing your proposals. Those are just as important as a great profile. If you're going to be a serious contractor on this platform, show it and take adequate time completing your profile and writing your proposals.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
3 of 16

on the upside Dawn Ola didn't copy anyone else's profile information! That's a good thing. Better to start small and go big.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
4 of 16

@Mariska P wrote:

on the upside Dawn Ola didn't copy anyone else's profile information! That's a good thing. Better to start small and go big.

LOL I thought the same... especially after I just called someone else out for that on another thread.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
5 of 16
Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 16

I worked with a guy from Jordan. He didn't look like a bunch of hearts. 

What's with the profile pic Upwork? Someone missed that? Or is that allowed. If so, I'm going to have a lot of fun using abstract art for my profile pic!!!

Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 16

@Mariska P wrote:

I worked with a guy from Jordan. He didn't look like a bunch of hearts. 

What's with the profile pic Upwork? Someone missed that? Or is that allowed. If so, I'm going to have a lot of fun using abstract art for my profile pic!!!

I've already got a few abstract pieces laid out, and just need to pick one... then I'm using the winner as my profile pic!!! Should be all firmed up by tomorrow night!!!!

Woohooo!  

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 16

The photo slipped through somehow. Maybe the newbie Upwork user first registered as a client, in which case a non-photo is allowable, and then activated her contractor profile within the same account.

Or maybe the Upwork worker who approved this particular profile simply wasn't being picky.

Clearly the whole profile page was approved for active status despite having numerous problems.

I can imagine many clients for many types of jobs would not care if a contractor's profile photo is a spilled box of hearts. But for a customer service job? I think most potential clients would find this off-putting, especially when seen alongside the photos of so many alternatives depicting smilingly, professional candidates, many wearing professional-quality call center headgear while sitting in comfortable, quiet surroundings.

Even if Upwork were to allow the original poster to use such an image in lieu of their photo, it strikes me as a huge tactical error to do so.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
9 of 16

Anyway, profile "photo" aside, the original poster put almost zero effort into her profile and is clearly not serious about working on Upwork.

Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 16

Very diplomatic Preston! 

There needs to be a shakeup in the department that allows hearts as profile pics. 

f a company wants excellence from it's customers (us), said company needs to provide excellence in customer service. 

@Preston H wrote:

The photo slipped through somehow. Maybe the newbie Upwork user first registered as a client, in which case a non-photo is allowable, and then activated her contractor profile within the same account.

Or maybe the Upwork worker who approved this particular profile simply wasn't being picky.

Clearly the whole profile page was approved for active status despite having numerous problems.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS