🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » are bids getting archived automatically?
Page options
rolludesig
Community Member

are bids getting archived automatically?

i really want this bid range issue to be sorted it is confusing..for a project i had posted a bid of $150 and it was showing as lowest bid in range till around 2-3 hours back.. but i again checked it now lowest bid is $250.

and client stats say the following :

• Last viewed by client:  1 day ago

i agree my bid can be archived but the issue is if client has viewed it a day ago how come my bid is not showing as lowest or get archived?

please genuine replies..

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlbp
Community Member

I don't think bid ranges update in real time. You know Upwork always seems to do things in bits and pieces. Besides, wasn't a mod already checking on the whole 'can't see my bid' issue for you? 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
akbgill
Community Member

I also face this many time Maybe some ones change its bid rate again from 150$ to 250$.

but mine was $150 it should not matter if some other person changes it or not? and archiving of my bid is not possible if client last saw his project a day back.

alianjum5
Community Member

Rahul connects are archived when the job is closed by client or up-work. 

Rajab A wrote:

Rahul connects are archived when the job is closed by client or up-work. 

Not only. A client can reject a bid and the proposal gets archived. You usually get a message from Upwork when this happens. 

ETA: This has nothing to do with connects. 

yes agreed but how come my bid can get archived since client last seen was yesterday? 4-5 hours back my bid was lowest at $150 now its $250

tlbp
Community Member

I don't think bid ranges update in real time. You know Upwork always seems to do things in bits and pieces. Besides, wasn't a mod already checking on the whole 'can't see my bid' issue for you? 

rolludesig
Community Member

no bid ranges do update in real time at times..and i had a chat with customer support but i found thier anwser unsatisfactory..

they say client may have archived your proposal and that is the reason i am not seeing updated information about last viewed by client but this is pretty strange.

i should get to see last viewed by client atleast some hours ago today if my bid was archived today..

Rahul V wrote:
are bids getting archived automatically?

No, they are not.

Rahul V wrote:

no bid ranges do update in real time at times..and i had a chat with customer support but i found thier anwser unsatisfactory..

they say client may have archived your proposal and that is the reason i am not seeing updated information about last viewed by client but this is pretty strange.

i should get to see last viewed by client atleast some hours ago today if my bid was archived today..

Rahul,

It may not have anything to do with the amount you bid. The client may not have liked your proposal and archived it. There is nothing sinister about this, it happens. And if a client does do this, for whatever reason, just move on. 

yeah archiving is not an issue i know it happens:)

only thing was how my proposal was archived few hours back when client had logged in a day back..

anyways i guess we need to move on with these bugs and glitches:(

Rahul V wrote:

anyways i guess we need to move on with these bugs and glitches:(

Yes, much of the data that we see on the website is out of date or misleading in other ways. You just have to take it with a big pinch of salt, and carry on regardless.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members