🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: are connects refunded when job is expired...
Page options
rolludesig
Community Member

are connects refunded when job is expired or closed?

my question is are connects refunded back when job is expired or closed...i regularly get this message as bulk of projects are getting closed or expired without choosing any freelancer..

but connects are not refunded?

5 REPLIES 5
versailles
Community Member

Rahul V wrote:

my question is are connects refunded back when job is expired or closed...

No. But:

If a job post has been removed by Upwork for a Terms of Service violation, the Connects used on that...

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

but i somewhere read that connects for closed or expired jobs are refunded..i may be wrong but want to make sure

Rahul V wrote:

but i somewhere read that connects for closed or expired jobs are refunded.

you read wrong.

jorgensons
Community Member

Unfortunately, no.

It's ridiculous that connects aren't refunded when a job expires, especially now that we're paying for those connects. Why should we spend money to apply for a job that doesn't hire? How is it fair that we pay when, in the end, there is a 0% chance of getting a return on our investment? It doesn't make sense. (Can you tell that I'm not a gambler and Vegas is not my cup of tea?)

I really hope this changes. A large percentage of the jobs I apply to uninvited never hire. It didn't bother me when my connects were free and renewed every month, but now that they're a finite resource I pay for...I'm bothered.

Rahul V wrote:

but i somewhere read that connects for closed or expired jobs are refunded..i may be wrong but want to make sure

The only case connects return other than when the job is violating ToS is when the client closes the job without hiring anyone, which is something that seldom, if ever, happens. They usually leave it open.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths