🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: asking for free work???
Page options
financemark
Community Member

asking for free work???

"See attached. It is extremely simple. If you just send me file, I will pay $5 if it is right, or request some changes"

Job = Profit Calculation Excel Formula.

You are welcome UW.

5 REPLIES 5
joywriter
Community Member

Hey there Mark!

Who's asking for free work there?

prestonhunter
Community Member

If a client is asking a freelancer to do a simple task for $5.00, that is NOT asking for free work.

The client may create an Upwork contract, fund escrow with $5.00, and THEN the freelancer may do the work and submit it for payment.

The client MAY NOT ask for the freelancer to do this task WITHOUT creating a contract and funding escrow first.

Preston H wrote:

If a client is asking a freelancer to do a simple task for $5.00, that is NOT asking for free work.

The client may create an Upwork contract, fund escrow with $5.00, and THEN the freelancer may do the work and submit it for payment.

The client MAY NOT ask for the freelancer to do this task WITHOUT creating a contract and funding escrow first.

And yet that's EXACTLY what the client is doing. They're telling freelancers to do the work first, then they may or may not pay them. Flag it.

I agree. I would flag it as well!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mark, 

I was unable to find the client you are pertaining to on your post. If you haven't already, please flag the client's message, and job post so that it goes to the team's queue and it can be reviewed further.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members