🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » asking upwork profile id
Page options
ashu112249
Community Member

asking upwork profile id

hi.

i got an invitation to interview from a client for transcription job who have a verified payment method and have $8M+ spent with 4.91 rating. he gave me a google document link where he is asking for some details like name ,upwork profile link and profile id.there are total 5 pages to fill but i dont know whats on next 4 pages. i am confused that profile link is ok but why he need my profile id. is that a scam? please help me on this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ashish K wrote:

you are right .thats why i included all the info. about client but my question still ,is that safe to share profile id ? 

If the client has send you an invite, they already had the link to your profile. It is for their paperwork.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
kamateam
Community Member

I got the same invitation transcription job but for Arabic language. Unfortunately I applied before asking. I hope that's not a scam.
2a05aa63
Community Member

Seems like a scam. A lot of people seem to be getting these kinds of invitations. 

petra_r
Community Member

Viacheslav K wrote:

Seems like a scam. A lot of people seem to be getting these kinds of invitations. 

Scammers don't spend 8 Million Dollars on Upwork. Enterprise and large Business clients do, and they hire a lot of people, which is why a lot of people get those invites. Enterprise clients are also allowed to communicate outside the platform and ask for contact details.

This is genuine.

2a05aa63
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Viacheslav K wrote:

Scammers don't spend 8 Million Dollars on Upwork. Enterprise and large Business clients do, and they hire a lot of people, which is why a lot of people get those invites. Enterprise clients are also allowed to communicate outside the platform and ask for contact details.

This is genuine.

Missed the 8M, yeah, seems legit.

you are right .thats why i included all the info. about client but my question still ,is that safe to share profile id ? 

Ashish K wrote:

If the client has send you an invite, they already had the link to your profile. It is for their paperwork.

thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members