🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: authenticator code issue
Page options
ab36efae
Community Member

authenticator code issue

Hi, Actually i am stuck at authentication code, while going to my settings. in the start I have created account and chosen authenticator app code for verification. So my smart phone has some issues thatswhy i have to delete all my apps. now i am stuck and i cannot enter in to my account setting because it asks for authenticator code. can you please reset so that i can choose my sms verifcation for future security. thanks

56 REPLIES 56
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Saad.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
patir
Community Member

Facing the same issue right now. I have submitted a support request.

By the way, I think you really should give an option to send the authentication code to the registered number when it's not possible to get them from an authentication app. Although, it defeats the purpose of actually securing the 2FA, but since you still have authentication option through text messages anyway, it should be an option.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sunaram,

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

facing the same issue, lost my phone with authenticator app and now can't login.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rehan,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request, including a username and email address of the account you need help with? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
de9a6427
Community Member

replied to you on pm link you shared.

Hi, 

I no longer have my old phone since it stopped working after I dropped it in water. I have a new phone now. Due to this, I no longer have my authenticator app. This is causing a lot of problems. In order to remove or update my authenticator app in my profile settings, I need the code from the previous one. I do not have this. I have access to my email, my phone & remember the answer to my security question. What do I need to do to get rid of the authenticator app problem??

Hamza

Hi Hamza,

It looks like you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding your authenticator. Please allow some time for them to review and they will assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
0f68f95e
Community Member

I cannot login to my upwork account through my pc because I can't get access the authenticator app. Could you please help me out?

Hi Ayush,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,
I'm having the same issue, Please guide me what to do.

Thanks

Hi Wasif,

Could you please share more details about the problem you`re experiencing so that I can assist you further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I deleted my authentication app used to create my account. Now I am unable to access my account or find a way to generate a new QR code. Can you please guide?

Thanks,
Partha
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Parthapratim.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have the SAME problem. I no longer have the authenticator App on my phone and now I cannot login to Upwork. 

Hi Dotti,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I set up a new device and reset my older device. Unfortunately, now I can't get code anymore from the authenticator app which is my recommended security option. Yet I also can't change anything on account settings because it requires the authenticator code, it also doesn't provide alternative means to get the code whether email or through phone number. I stuck and really can't do anything on account settings, kindly assist!

Hi Kevin,

I checked, and it looks like you have already submitted a support ticket regarding your concern with your authenticator. One of our agents will update your ticket, providing further assistance. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
f785b63d
Community Member

Hi can you help me too about it?.My sister accidentally uninstalled the authenticator app and when I installed it again I've always got a problem in terms of authentication. Please help me.

Hi Ma Cherry,

I shared your problem with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi all, I also have a same issue, I have lost my phone and have not backup my authentification code so I am not able to withdraw my payments. Can someone help me with this?

Hi Vilmos,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
d67e7fd2
Community Member

Facing the same issue right now.

Hi Imran,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having the same issue. I changed my phone and the authenticator app is not there anymore.

Hi Katrina Marie,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I am having the same issue with authenticator code. Kindly help me with this issue.

Thank you.

Hi Usama,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, I accidentaly uninstall my authenticator app kindly help

Hi Anas,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

thanks my problem has ben resolved

Hello, 

I'm facing the same issue, I deleted google authentificator app on my phone and now I'm stuck, can you help me please.

Thank you.

Hi Thomas,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via email to assist you further with this.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Great Answer!

I am staisfied with you.

Now in these days, I am facing difficluties with this application. I deleted all my apps. But now I cann't reach upwork setting.

Hi, Actually i am stuck at authentication code, while going to my settings. in the start I have created account and chosen authenticator app code for verification. So my smart phone has some issues thatswhy i have to delete all my apps. now i am stuck and i cannot enter in to my account setting because it asks for authenticator code. can you please reset so that i can choose my sms verifcation for future security. thanks

Hi Sabahuddin,

I am sorry for the late response. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
1d5f186b
Community Member

I am currently having an issue with my authentication code. I reseted my phone yesterday and I am having a problem to authenticate my account. Does anyone of you can help me??

Hi Keanu Nick,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
ruagray
Community Member

Hello,

I had to take a brief hiatus and upon logging back in and attempting to go to my profile I am asked for a confirmation code from an authenticator. I don't remember setting up an authenticator for this site. 

Is there a way to send a confirmation by SMS instead so I can then setup the authenticator for future use?

Thank you,

Russell

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths