🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » authenticator code issue
Page options
ab36efae
Community Member

authenticator code issue

Hi, Actually i am stuck at authentication code, while going to my settings. in the start I have created account and chosen authenticator app code for verification. So my smart phone has some issues thatswhy i have to delete all my apps. now i am stuck and i cannot enter in to my account setting because it asks for authenticator code. can you please reset so that i can choose my sms verifcation for future security. thanks

56 REPLIES 56

Hi Russell, you could go to Settings through this link Password & security (upwork.com) upon log in and answer the Security Question if you had setup using this method before, I hope this will help. Thank you! 

I was able to access my account by using the mobile app instead of the desktop website and make the necessary changes. Everything seems fixed now.

Thank you

e1ab4b0b
Community Member

Hi, i am also facing the same issue of authenticator code. as I reset my phone and now unable to update my profile settings. please help.. I cant get the authenticator code

Hi Mudassar,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
sheila10035
Community Member

just enter different code until they will send code to the number youve save upon registering upwork

fahadali_3381
Community Member

Hi Upwork Family,

Actually, I am stuck at the authentication code while going to my settings. in the start, I have created an account and chosen the authenticator app code for verification. So I changed my smartphone and delete all the apps. now I am stuck and i cannot able enter into my account setting because it asks for an authenticator code. can you please reset so that I can choose my SMS verification for future security? thanks

Hi Fahad,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello!

I've lost my phone with auth app.

I cannot change in settings verify by sms.

What I should do?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Vlad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Need help as i have bought a new phone but i have no backup of my authenticator to get the code.

Hi John,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via an email to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
d9fcb5e4
Community Member

Hi UpWork Team! I am experiencing the same issue. I needed to reformat my phone yesterday and so I lost my Google authenticator. Since then I cannot sign in to my account. Please help me on this. Thank you!

Hi Karen,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via an email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork

The issue seems to be resolved as long as I use an existing bookmark to
sign in.
But I can't get it to work on my phone, as it did before.
Which authenticator app is it? the Microsoft authenticator or the Google
Authenticator?! There are so many it makes me nuts! Thanks

Hi Dotti,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further with your account.

Feel free to check out this help article to learn more about the two-step verification and the authenticator app.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
bbad
Community Member

Hi, 

I'm facing the same issue and want to delete Authenticator app code.

Need your help.

Thanks

Hi Baha,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members