cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocliker?

Jamilah D Member Since: Jan 16, 2015
1 of 4

just wanted to ask did they dound out that im using autocliker? (which i am not)

and besides what is autoclicker anyway? if they suspend my account what's next?do they have a screenshot for this?

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Guru
Aseem B Member Since: Dec 20, 2014
2 of 4

Hi

If you have not done anything wrong, then just get back to support with your reply explaining your situation and that you do not know anything about autoclicker.

If you are honest then you should probably get away with this. If you are in fact cheating then you will surely be banned permanently from odesk as odesk has become very strict against cheating freelancers.

FYI: Autoclicker is a tool that some freelancers use to log hours even when they are not working. This tool probably simulate keyboard and mouse clicks.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 4

Hi Jamilah,

I am sorry to hear about your account suspension. The best thing to do in this situation is to communicate with Support through the ticket and provide any necessary information to clarify the issue.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
4 of 4

In the past, I had requested via oDesk Support and the oDesk forums how oDesk goes about detecting freelancers using an auto-clicker or other means to circumvent [cheat] the system. My concern is whether or not the methods oDesk uses would register a false positive.

Freelancers might use automated or semi-automated methods to perform work activities. For instance, some reputable and capable freelancers engaged in Social Media Marketing (SMM) might use "a popular password management and web form filling program that automates password entering and form filling" [RF].

More experienced and successful freelancers engaged in SMM might use macros (macros run on their own or with little user intervention) they develop using popular browser plug-ins [IM] or even their or scripting methods used with browsers. These are all proven methods used to speed up the process of performing SMM activities.

Without such methods, the time it takes to perform SMM activities would make SMM not worth the time and effort to perform -- too much time for too little money -- and substandard, unsustainable results.

I have never received any meaningful replies form oDesk Support or from the oDesk forums regarding the issues I have put forth herein.

Back in the day when SMM was a reasonable money-maker, I had three to six computers running 24/7 performing SMM activities. Unfortunately, these days clients simply higher the lowest bidder -- the ones cliaming they are "Experts" -- lol.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS