Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatically 'left rooms' and 'joined rooms'

Highlighted
Community Leader
Gajendra D Member Since: Dec 29, 2015
1 of 6

I saw on upwork 99+ messages pending to read! I visit and seen that its was all message I have ever interviewed and working with clients becomes unread and actually almost thousands!

because upwork make me 'left room' automatically and then again after few hours make me 'joined room' 

this site is real trouble already so why this new horrable surprise?  this can disturb my clients, most important is for jobs I am in interview, they will think I am not insterested and even I join after few hours that doesn't sound same interest. they don't know that it was automatically.

I left all the room in my agency where we two or three were working together! now I need to read all thousand messages to make them read. and have to explain alot peoples. @upwork will you pay me rate for wasting time for everything for which I have to make 'your mistake' correct! will you pay me for the oppoortunities I might be having with interviewing jobs!? 

two weeks ago you already ruin my profile for no reason which cost me 20 days to recover my stage and I am financially back with 20 days. as well as I lost my 100 connects. and now this new surprise 
my old concern
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Be-WARN-before-you-say-anything-against-upwork/m-p/16677...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
2 of 6

ALL messages, from potential clients, from interviews and from the actual job (between client and contractor) are all "lumped" together in one single room. If a contractor is working 2 or more jobs, it can be very confusing as to what client (amd their message) belongs to what job. Many of us, I included have complained about this, and made suggestions of having seperate workrooms for each job but it falls on deaf ears. It is what it is, I doubt it will be changed so we just have to make the best of it whether we like it or nor

Highlighted
Community Leader
Gajendra D Member Since: Dec 29, 2015
3 of 6

ohhh!! Smiley Sad Smiley Surprised 

Kathy, you said ALL? so does that means each client have data and files of each other client? so now what about copyright and protected projects?

in my case, my every second project is a PATENT PENDING project and I always SIGN NDA, since I am product designer, and this is a real big serious issue when my every client compromise his briliant idea with another clients! 

oh my god!  upwork even can't assume the claim client could put on them for this serious mistkes, what we do is base of future products and market and could be whole life for a company! how one can compromise like that,

should I go outside upwork for that kind of jobs to keep communicate with client, for SHAKE OF SAFETY and SACURITY! ? 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 6

Gajendra,

Rest assured that messages in a certain room can only be viewed by the participants of that room. So the messages you exchanged with one of your clients can't be accessed by your other clients.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
5 of 6

NO NO..... don't worry. All means that I can see them on my end. ALL the messages from intervews and messages exchanged when on a job are all together but only seen by me. The clents can't see any messages but their own with the contractor. So don't worry. It's just a hassel if someone (I) is working on a job and 2 interviews come in  and what client and message belong to what job. It's confusing. It's ohe big huge message room containing everything.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
6 of 6

Hi Gajendra,

I checked with the team and they are aware of the issue with older messages showing as unread. They are working to fix it as soon as possible.

Sorry about the inconvenience and frustration caused by it.

~ Valeria
Untitled

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS