🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » availability badge issues
Page options
7321d689
Community Member

availability badge issues

I've had my availabilty badge on and have been paying 6 connects each week. I got two new contracts last week, and don't have time to take on new customers, so I turned if off. This morning i was charged with 3 connects. It's not that big of a deal, but I'm curious if this is an issue on Uppwork's part or if my understanding of the badge is incorrect.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kevin,

I would like to clarify that we will deduct your Connects in necessary increments to meet the set amount over the course of the week, as long as the badge is turned on and does not exceed your maximum.

As an example. If the badge costs 7 Connects, 1 Connect will be deducted from your balance every 24 hours to add up to 7 Connects for the week. 

You can find more information on this page

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
petra_r
Community Member

Kevin Q wrote:

I got two new contracts last week, and don't have time to take on new customers, so I turned if off. This morning i was charged with 3 connects.

wasn't that for the part of the week when the badge was still turned on?

7321d689
Community Member

That makes sense. Do the connects get deducted for the previous week? I thought they got deducted in advance for the upcoming week.

Hi Kevin,

I would like to clarify that we will deduct your Connects in necessary increments to meet the set amount over the course of the week, as long as the badge is turned on and does not exceed your maximum.

As an example. If the badge costs 7 Connects, 1 Connect will be deducted from your balance every 24 hours to add up to 7 Connects for the week. 

You can find more information on this page

~ Nikola
Upwork

I selected 7 connects to activate availability badge. 8 connects is spent after 1 week. But I'm not getting 7 connects added. So please solve this!

Hi Toufiq,

I checked, and it looks like one of our agents has already updated your ticket. Please allow time for the agents to update your ticket again to assist you further. You may access the ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
bffccfc1
Community Member

Hi, Please change my profile from private to public. 

Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

Your profile visibility has been reset to public.

~ Joanne
Upwork
shweta118
Community Member

exactly what I thought. Like a subscription..

my question is, if I turn it off now, does it mean all the connects deducted so far have already been used or the badge will remain till the ones already deducted are utilized? (and not get renewed since I'm turing it off)

Hi Shweta,

Please keep in mind that we do not refund Connects that have been used to add the badge to your profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
tomzilla1
Community Member

you got 2 contracts in a week man. lol, why sweat over the small stuff.

icananswer
Community Member

my availability is whited out and it says off. I try to change it and I get something about a badge and it says I can't turn it on because I am not available. Does this mean I am unavailable for work, and how can I change it?

Hi Debra,

I believe that you're referring to the Availability Badge, which is a paid feature that allows freelancers to highlight in search results when they are ready for new work. You can learn more about it here.

That said, if you wish to update your profile availability, you can do so from the Find Work page, by clicking the pencil icon right next to "Profile Visibility". Feel free to check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members