cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

availability

Jeissel Denise F Member Since: Apr 12, 2014
1 of 14
I think the option to add your availability is a nice idea. I am only looking for part time jobs and I hope that option will help the clients as well. Thanks odesk Smiley Happy
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
2 of 14
There are jobs listed as full time that will actually take up much less time. Best to just ask the client what is expected of you and explain your availablity. I think some freelancers with limited availability mention when they are free to work in their profiles.
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
3 of 14
The new availability feature that's been added won't hurt.
Community Guru
4 of 14
What feature is that? Is this another test?
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
5 of 14
There is accordingly a new feature "Available and Not Available" Saw a screenshot this morning. Maybe another test...OMG and they still haven't change, corrected, removed or improved all other new featured Feature. This is really great to hear.
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
6 of 14
I think it's a new feature. I see it on my profile, "Edit Availability". If you click on "change" a window pops up where it says "Are you available to take on new work? Knowing when you are available helps oDesk find the right jobs for you." There are three options: Full-time (30+ hrs/week), Part-time (10-30 hrs/week) and Less than 10 hrs/week. Edit: I don't know if it's a test or new feature.
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
7 of 14
or the usual scenario - a random mad robot let loose to occasionally do things to certain profiles but not others, with no information given out about how it works or what it's doing, based on a good idea someone had one day.
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
8 of 14
+1
Community Guru
9 of 14
I see it on my profile now, but I don't know how it is visible to clients. [quote=Natasa R.]"helps oDesk find the right jobs for you." [/quote] Because oDesk's other attempts at helping have been working so well. I have been hired for full time jobs where the hours have turned out to be much less than full time (which I would have not have gotten if oDesk was hiding applications/freelancers based on availability) I have had clients reduce the amount of hours needed for a job and extend deadlines because they really wanted me and were willing to work with my schedule. Please, just let clients and freelancers talk to each other and make their own decisons.
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
10 of 14
A no brainer really - and imagine all the hours of coding it would save .... (well, maybe not that many...)
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS